Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Set Vm to Confirmed when Paypal returns Pending

Started by sergef50, December 22, 2009, 00:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sergef50

Hey guys,

after doing a lot of reading and trying a load of tweaks im giving in

i just want a little bit of advice on how you would hack virtuemart to just change order status to confirmed even thought paypal returns pending.

Hope someone can help.

p.s. i have set the paypal payments option for when payment returned pending to set vm to confirmed but all still come up as pending :(

thankyou

Matt.

VM 1.1.4

robaus

Hi, I'm interested in this, did you find a solution? Cheers

webuser

Hello why would you want it updated to confirmed? and can't you just do this by changing the drop down in the payment module? Wouldn't this mean though that all transactions would be shown as confirmed? How would you know if people have paid? I'm trawling these forums because we are having a problem where occasionally orders are paid in full through paypal but the order is remaining as pending in our system and the client assumes the customer never paid - it doesn't happen often but happened a lot yesterday.
http://www.webcircle.com.au - Gold Coast Web Design
http://awebsitedesigner.com.au - Website Design

tez

I have a problem with Virtuemart 1.1.3, seems that paying with credit card doesn't set "Confirmed" even when the virtuemart return page says it worked.  I can't work out why because I've tested it before with paypal account and it works, but now it seems to fail. Possibly just because it is a credit card, or some other bug to do with recently registered accounts, or maybe an IE8 issue? I tested working in Firefox, but failed in IE8 and I'm not sure if IE8 is the cause.

@webuser: he wants to fix a bug. they aren't supposed to be pending.

tez

more testing. IPN does work from Paypal. When I refund an order it says Cancelled in Virtuemart.

Cancelling during checkout fails, it leaves the order as pending. I think it should say Cancelled? maybe not since they could pay later I guess.

I saw this in emails,
PayPal IPN Error: Order Total/Currency Check failed
During a paypal transaction on your site the received amount didn't match the order total.
                   Order ID: 50.
                   Order Number: 104_30141c7f8f73d899baa08b5eb500.
                   The amount received was: 0.01 AUD.
                   It should be: 1.01 AUD.

I know it shouldn't be 1.01

Aha!, I think I worked it out.
I was using Payment Method fee of -1.00 to add a dollar to Paypal fees. I think this is messing things up.

Yes, I tested some more and it fails to work with Payment Discount as a negative value. I did not try a positive value. I am using vm 1.1.3
So I cannot add paypal surcharge. I have to check my script against the latest to see if mine is bad.