News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shipping 2 hockey sticks in one box

Started by bmose14, December 14, 2009, 18:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmose14

Hi!
We use Virtuemart to ship hockey sticks. Each stick weighs 2.0 lbs and 1 stick in a box weights 4.0 lbs.
Some customers buy 2 sticks and we ship them in the same box. So we will have 2 sticks in one box (now weights 6.0 lbs). But the shop calculates them as 2 separate shipping costs.

I have tried messing around with "peices in box" ect in the options but it never seems to apply the correct cost. If I am shipping 1 stick, it is $10 which is correct, but if I ship 2 sticks it is $20, which is not correct, it is only about $13. Any suggestions? Thanks for you help in advance!
-Brian 

lowmips

which shipping module are you using? v1, which ships with virtuemart, or my v2?
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

bmose14

I'm using Virtuemart Version 1.1.4, is that the same as the shipping module? I'm using UPS if that matters.

lowmips

It sounds like you are using the regular UPS module which ships with Virtuemart.  There is no way to do what you're asking with that module.  If you were using my UPSv2 module, I could get you close to what you need, but not exactly.  You could have this item set to ship separately, with a certain maximum of hockey sticks per box, and then either add shipping modifiers or padding to come close to actual cost.

You probably want a customized module, however, which does the correct 2lbs per box + actual product weights.

-Reggie
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

bmose14

Ok so where would I buy your UPSv2 module?

lowmips

No purchase necessary.  It's downloadable in the first post in this forum, or on my website.