Author Topic: Assign custom html-modul to specific Virtuemart category! How?  (Read 3133 times)

grodiz

• Beginner
Assign custom html-modul to specific Virtuemart category! How?
« on: December 13, 2009, 02:20:25 am »
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I have been looking all over the Internet in forums ans faq to find the answer for this question but I don't seem to find any.

I have installed Joomla 1.5.1.4 and Virtuemart 1.1.4 and JaLarix. What I now want to do is to bee able to assign modules to specific Virtuemart categories. For example say that I have a shop that contains 4 categories and in them there is subcategories. What I want is that when someone clicks on category 1 (for example) they will see the products as usual but I want also to be able to put in for example a banner as a custom html module.

I thought that this would be an easy thing to do, just go to the module manager choose new, choose custom html and assign it to the specific category, but here is the problem. I cant see any Virtuemart categories in the menu assignment selection place. So how do I do this? Doesn't any body else have the same problem?

aji123

• Joomla Services ,Joomla Development Services India
Re: Assign custom html-modul to specific Virtuemart category! How?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 12:02:22 pm »
We can able to assign the virtuemart category to menu

1.Go to menu manger
2.Click one  menu
3.create the new menu link
4.When you create the new menu , we will assign the particular category to the menu
5.Click the component parameter in the right side of the menus page
6.Here we can able to give the category id for the menu

Thanks

forts

• Beginner
Re: Assign custom html-modul to specific Virtuemart category! How?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 01:46:33 am »
I wanted to filter the category appears in the module ID.
Is there a module to do that?
Thank you.