News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Variable SKU code for each attribute

Started by marktplaner, December 08, 2009, 12:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celestialcitizen

Hi people

I figured out that people like two versions of this.

One in which  the base sku is appended to the variable sku.

and the other in which only the variable sku is used.

I have implemented both.

Also made 2 implementation in the last 2 months !! ;)

celestialcitizen

I thought attaching the screen shots might help  :)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

berlin80210

Many Many Thanks to Celestialcitizen for the Variable Sku code! Your code worked perfectly and your continued support was well worth the $$. I'd recommend this code and Celestialcitizen to anyone needing help customizing Virtuemart.

Thanks again!
"There is much less here than meets the eye"

PRO

using child products will accomplish this

iamheaddown

CelestialCitizen has customized our SKU vars and attributes and has done an absolutely amazing job.

His custom code modifications did not render any bugs with other functionality and is very easy to work with in the administrative control panel of VirtueMart.

On top of that, he is very quick with his work, provides backup files and copies of all of his modifications.  His costs were very low compared to other developers I have worked with.

My website is: http://www.glgcp.com

Thanks again CelestialCitizen for your help with our needs!  ;D
Corporate Online Media Developer - Prestwick Group, Inc.

celestialcitizen

No it is not done manually

It is all done in the code

bernd

Hello celestialcitizen,

how did you solve these problems:

1. For certain products like shirts, not all combinations from color/size are available.
Is there a matrix that can be set according to the available products?

2. Products have to be imported via cvs_improved. Usually we would use attribute/s fields for this, depending on the use of parent/child skus or plain attributes that won't change the sku.

3. Can you do "+5%" prices? VM currently does not understand this syntax.

4. How will you keep your patches updated? VM 1.2, 1.9 and 2.0 are coming up soon.

We are also interested in the following 2 extensions:

1. Multistore addon, so that we can export products to certain shops at certain prices, export/import will be done via csv_improved and crontab

2. Compound products.
Example: a PC consists of a barebone (chassis + mainboard + power supply), a CPU, {0-2} optical drives, {1-4} magnetic drives of size {500,1000,2000} and {1..16} GByte of memory and assembly.
All the components have their own sku and prices.
Once the order is placed, all the sku nos and prices are imported into our system and the order goes straight to supply department (ordering any components from the warehouse) and then to assembly department.

This code could also be used for compound products like special occasions, where various products are bundled into one special offer.
So an admin menu for defining unlimited compound product lists would be necessary.

Please share your thoughts ::)
B.

celestialcitizen

Hi

My God, your post has set me   :o

Well, first I think we need to be clear that variable sku is for advanced attributes and not child product attributes.

Secondly for handling +5% in attributes, it can be certainly achieved by hacking the system.

The rest of your requirements, well maybe we could take it offline , what do you say ??   :)

wortex

Can you tell me what is the variable for the product child sku?
I just want to echo it in my parent product template. Im using the addtocart_list_multi.tpl.php for customizing the product template.

Other issue, if you guys could help me, is how do I display in category mod only the parent products, since it display all, parent and child products.

Thanks for the guidelines.

Diogo Paiva from Portugal

celestialcitizen

Hi

Actually we are talking about advanced attributes in products and not about items

throtle

is this still alive ,we can help regarding to get to work :)

Jdwind

Hi, Celestialcitizen, would you tell me, where I can find your hack?

celestialcitizen

Hi

I can send the code across to you or maybe I can even help you apply the code on your site for a fee.

Please PM me or email me

fandy

roopamani932

hai,

i need same functionallaty in my project please anyone can help me its urgent for me