News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Help. Shipping question.

Started by cmiller, December 07, 2009, 22:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmiller

Im trying to setup shipping similar to amazon in which a person comes to my site, buys a book and the shipping is automatically computed as 3.99 for the first book and .99 for each additional book.  A developer is saying that there is no way to do this without the buyer selecting this shipping option.  See attached screen shot.  I dont want the buyer to have to select shipping. We only offer shipping through USPS and this shipping rate for this product. Preferably, I would like the buyer to go through the buying process and buy the book by selecting how many copies they want, go through the screen where they fill out their address, and then the page where they can SEE what the shipping charges are - 3.99 for one book, 4.98 for two books, 5.97 for three books, 4.96 for four books...etc.  Does this make sense?

I dont want the buyer to choose shipping... as in the screen shot attached.  Can someone help?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

stinga

G'day,

I think you can, by using 'weight'. If you think of weight as something other than gravity X mass then your world is your oyster.

Give a book a weight of 100 (or whatever you want) and then you can fix the shipping rate in the backend.

So you have one rate for everything up to 100 and then another rate for 101 to 199 and so on.
I have not tried that, but I have used the idea for things that we want to sell as downloads only. We do post and downloads on nearly all items, but we have some that are just two bulky to post so we do download only. I give these a large weight and then setting the default shipping to less than that value.
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4