News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

UPS v1 - large shipment problems - closer to answer

Started by cendera, November 30, 2009, 18:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cendera

I have been able to determine the cause of numerous problems with the shipping cost going crazy for high weight items. ANY shipment over 70 lbs receives this check box (from their website)

"Additional Handling: This package is over 60 inches (150 centimeters) in length, or is an unusual size or shape."

I have tested this on my current site and as soon as I recalculate anything that brings the weight OVER 70lbs it will read $3.50 (this is the handling fee we have set up) then the error code says "USD26.51 Guaranteed Day(s) to Delivery" - (you can only see this by checking the option "Show Delivery Days Quote?") the error message is actually the exact cost I am receiving from UPS for this quote.

It seems as though it's sending over an extra field now and has slid the handling fee in to the shipping cost on the site and sending the shipping cost from UPS as a delivery days quote. Has anyone been able to solve this and/or been able to implement something that limits shipping weight to 70??

Thank you very much for your help.
Mace

lowmips

If you use my UPSv2 module, you can set large items to "ship alone" (unbundled).  This way, their shipping rates are queried separately from the rest of the order.

Also, if the aggregate weight of any "virtual package" is over 70lbs, the module automatically creates new "virtual packages" for the remaining items, and calculates those separately.

Any item above 70lbs in weight will not ship.

I think this may cover your needs.
-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

walter_lynnmarie

Having a similar problem, any package over 70lbs will come back as showing 0 lbs and the shipping is free! Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?