Author Topic: SOLVED:Warning: opendir(//root) [function.opendir]: failed to open di  (Read 16833 times)

rgibbs421

• Beginner
I do not know its just a randomly generated name I think. I made a text file containing all the errors so you can understand what I'm talking about.

http://toyfarmusa.com/images/errors.txt

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+

what are the permissions on the tmp directory?

J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

rgibbs421

• Beginner
The tmp dir in the root of the site is 755

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
this has got to be soomething sooo simple.

J3.9+ VM 3.4.2

rgibbs421

• Beginner
Do you understand why randomly generated locations would be being created during this process? By understanding Why that is happening might help point me in the right direction. I do not mind diving into the code I just don't have a clue on where to dive. I checked out the Banquet tables pro... nice customizing there.

rgibbs421

• Beginner
So you thought of anything else?

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
have you tried using CSV to do additional images?

Do you have csv improved?
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2

rgibbs421

• Beginner
CSV is how I got all the products, prices, cats, and additional images there to start with... I can change it by going into the db and fixing it all but later when I am not the one taking care of the site I was wanting it so others can use the additional images option.

rgibbs421

• Beginner
I do not have csv improved though I just make the spreadsheet and then use another site I found that does csv to sql conversions.

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
do any of the products at all have additional images?
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2

rgibbs421

• Beginner
almost all of them

rb

• Advanced
Do you get the same error if you change the "Upload to" choice?  For instance, on the Upload screen, if instead of choosing "Default Product Image path", try "Specify the file location" and see what message you get.

rgibbs421

• Beginner
I can not make that choice since the errors are appearing before it. The errors appear on the page after clicking new on the additional images window. The only thing that shows up other then the errors is a file browse form at the top of the page that does not work.

rgibbs421

• Beginner
I did do a csv convert to sql and in the past had problems with the id's. The id's were not auto incremental and there for was not adding id's to products and causing all kinds of problems but after solving that little issue I thought I had it fairly well figured out that the import was what was causing this issue. But since it is still happening obviously that was not it but here is the spread sheet of the files table structure just in case...  http://toyfarmusa.com/images/sqlstructure.xls

rb

• Advanced
I was able to re-create your symptom.  Take a look at this (yeah, I know it sounds weird).

Admin->Configuration->Downloads tab->DOWNLOADROOT

Even if you don't have downloadable products, this field should have something like this in it for your site:

/home/toyfarm/domains/toyfarmusa.com/public_html/media/

If it's empty or says something like /root or has a directory to which you do not have permissions, it causes the "Add Additional Images" page to error out.

I found that when you indicated exactly when the error occurred.  I believe the problem is in the script:

administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/product.file_form.php

It looks like this script looks in the specified Downloads directory regardless if you have downloadable products.

If this is your problem, then the easiest fix is to put a full path to a legitimate directory to which you have permissions in the DOWNLOADROOT field.