Author Topic: SOLVED:Warning: opendir(//root) [function.opendir]: failed to open di  (Read 17263 times)

rgibbs421

• Beginner
Okay guys I've been using virtuemart for about a year now and set up 4 or 5 stores. I have ran into two problems I absolutely have no clue on how to fix them. The biggest one is on one of the sites when I try to add additional images to the product I get 20 pages worth of php permission errors. The errors are below. I just grabbed the top two of them for an example. I have already chmod everything to 777 just to see if it would fix it but it did not. I figured I would post here to see if I couldn't get any help on the matter.

The next question I had was over the administrative products list search... Every virtuemart I have ever set up that function does not work... is it supposed to? Is there something that I need to install that makes that functional?

Warning: opendir(//root) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/toyfarm/domains/toyfarmusa.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_main.php on line 1144

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/toyfarm/domains/toyfarmusa.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_main.php on line 1146

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
Re: Additional images
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 16:23:30 pm »
are all directories set to 755, and files to 644?

Whats the max upload size set to?

J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

rgibbs421

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 16:29:30 pm »
2M

rgibbs421

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 16:36:37 pm »
2M
I am going to move this up to ten... I think it was unlimited on the test server that i set the site up on and was giving the same errors but im emailing the vps the site is set on and moving the size up...

rgibbs421

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 16:46:25 pm »
I have also double checked the permissions in the administrative components com_virtuemart directory and the components com_virtuemart and all the files are 644 and the directories to 755... all were correct. Do I need to check permissions other then those locations. 

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 16:57:42 pm »
have you increased your mem limit?

J3.9+ VM 3.4.2

rgibbs421

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 17:51:14 pm »
I have followed the instructions given to me by the vps support desk and joomla is reporting no change so I am still working on that.

rgibbs421

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 18:55:04 pm »
Okay this is strange. If i go to http://www.toyfarmusa.com/phpinfo.php then the php is set to 10m so its changed but the system info under help -> system info still says two megs... But yes it is changed. I am not sure if the differences between configuration displays there would have anything to do with this issue or not.

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 19:23:23 pm »
I have had some things show different in the info tab as well
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2

rgibbs421

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 21:12:10 pm »
So does any one have any other ideas why the additional images window would be displaying permission errors if all the permissions are set for files at 655 directories at 755 and the max uploads are at 10M

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 21:19:03 pm »
try and replace   ps_main  to see if the file is corrupt
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2

rgibbs421

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 21:39:09 pm »
I downloaded VM just a few minutes ago extracted it enough to get out ps_main saved a backup and then replaced it with a fresh one. Did not change outcome. I did notice something though while looking at the errors. All the errors are coming from ps_main line 1144, 1163, or 1146.
And the failed opendir command causing the error is trying to open some odd directories exmples are

(//var/lib/mysql/mma_i193php)
(//var/lib/mysql/andreama_cms)
(//var/lib/mysql/sab_phpbb1)
(//var/lib/mysql/grushenka_iadvan)
(//var/lib/mysql/jennsjou_i974wor)

which really just looks like some kind of name generator or something. This is where I get lost...

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 00:51:13 am »
^^^ where are those names at?
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2

rgibbs421

• Beginner
Those names are the dir names it is having problems opening and closing. For example the errors I posted at the start has

Warning: opendir(//root) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/toyfarm/domains/toyfarmusa.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_main.php on line 1144

Where it says (//root) are where those randomly generated names are showing up at and its like 1000 of them.... if I were to print the page out it would be like 50 pages of opendir and closedir php permission errors with randomly (im guessing) generated dir's... Should I make a screen shot of it?

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
(//var/lib/mysql/sab_phpbb1)

sab_phpbb1 ?    what is that? 
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2