Author Topic: Link to product problem  (Read 2351 times)

toyutah

• Beginner
Link to product problem
« on: November 09, 2009, 16:30:40 pm »
Hi all, first post here. I have a problem where this:

"Warning: cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_decode()!/joomla/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.product_details.php on line 235"

shows up when I click on the product name. I have looked around and the only solution I found was to put an "@" in from of an "html entity decode"?

I am thinking it has to do with my entries when I set up the product but haven't figured it out. Any help is appreciated.

Scar

• J-lux
Re: Link to product problem
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 21:29:35 pm »
What PHP version do you use?

toyutah

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 23:43:49 pm »
I'm using Joomla 1.1.14 through go-daddy, not sure how to check.

Scar

• J-lux
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 23:48:46 pm »
Help->System info->PHP information, I guess you have a very old PHP version that causes this warning message.

Scar

• J-lux
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 23:53:48 pm »
You should really either convince your host to update or change to one that keeps up to date, here is a workaround but it's not a solution. You will probably face more and more problems for each update. This is also a security issue so use at your own risk.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=41712.msg135963

toyutah

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 15:18:11 pm »
Thanks Scar, I have 4.4.9 and someone did mention that I should have version 5. Luckily this is just a practice or test site, but that is why I have it, to make sure everything works.
So when I speak to go-daddy, I should ask them about getting php 5?

toyutah

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 16:40:30 pm »
I upgraded to php5, It was very easy. I guess 4 was set as a default because we have had this account for over a year and that was available.

It should be fully changed over within the day and I will post the outcome for anyone who might have the same problem. If it works it is an easy fix.