News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

PAYPAL - E-Check & Language problem.

Started by CourtneyMacfarlane, November 11, 2009, 10:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CourtneyMacfarlane

Hello, Just wanting a little help With PAYPAL.

Basically.. I work for a company in spain, A few people are ringing up saying that when they go to pay with paypal it comes up in Spanish.. We want it to come up in English as the customers are english and do not understand spanish haha I did find another thread on here and have posted on it but i thought id make a new one regarding one other thing...

One of our customers has gone to Pay once again, And Paypal keep transfering him to ECHECK? or something, im not too sure. But i talked him through the spanish and told him to just pay with his card instead of logging into paypal.. But he rung back today and said that paypal isnt having any of it they are guiding him to use his account as they recognise his card details! Echeck will take to long and we need the money to just go straight into our Paypal. What to do, Does anyone know whats going on and how we can solve these. Im not too smart with a computer so be gentle haha

Regards, Courtney.

Scar

This doesn't sound like a VM problem but rather how Paypal handles customers. You should try to talk to Paypal support about this to find a solution.