News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Class with eWAY Shared Payment Solution

Started by thebeardman, May 14, 2007, 04:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebeardman

Hello,
I'm french so i'm already sorry for my english level.  :D
I'm actually in Australia, (to improve my english) and i'm working in a company who develop websites with Joomla.
We use to VirtueMart but I noticed that we couldn't use the eWAY class if we don't have a SSL certificates on the server.
So i created a new class like a paypal (or related) to use the eWAY Shared Payment Solution.

You'll find here an archive with four files:
(I didn't see that we could attach a file with the post.)

• ps_eway3rd.php
  • ps_eway3rd.cfg.php
  • eway3rd.sql: sql to insert all the data in jos_vm_payment_method, or
  • form_eway3rd.php: code to put in the Payment Extra Info

Actually it's working but i would like to upgrade the code for being more "clean" and for using the Order Status to update the database if the transaction is succesful or fail. VirtueMart has a lot of class or functions and i'm not sure which one i have to use.

If someone had already did it, please let me know.

Have a nice day, and i hope my post is correct with the Forum Rules  :D

Bruno

[attachment cleanup by admin]

thebeardman

Hi,

It's okay, i finished a new class to use the eWAY Shared Solutions.
You'll find in the archive, how you can add it in your website.

Don't hesitate to send me a mail or use this forum for asking me some questions.

I created in english but it's not my native language so...

Have a nice day.

thebeardman

I just realised that i never upgrade this post even if I rewrote the eWAY Shared Payment class.

Now, this class can work on native Joomla 1.5 websites.

Don't be surprise to see, only in test mode, a different amount on eWAY. It is for let you choose which eWAY error you want to display during your test. But, the price will be store correctly in the database.

For example: If you have a total cart amount of 153.14$, eWAY will consider the decimal as the code error you want, so the transaction won't be valid (14: Invalid Card Number). To avoid this, I added a drop list to let you choose which kind of error you want (by default 00, is a correct transaction). Before sending the cart amount, the chose code error will be added to your amount and the price to pay on eWAY will be 15314.00$.

It is probably not really useful to do it, but when I wrote this payment class, I couldn't get a correct test because of decimal used as error on the eWAY gateway. It is only working when Test Mode is turn on.

Let me know what you think.

thebeardman

For the ones which are interested about this class and others works I did dofr VirtueMart, I opened a project on Joomla Forge.

So for the latest informations just go to http://forge.joomla.org/gf/project/simplevmaddons/

For now, you will find:

• eWAY Shared Solutions
  • Australia Post Shipping