Author Topic: How to show child categories? - and Categoriecounter?  (Read 3746 times)

• Beginner
How to show child categories? - and Categoriecounter?
« on: October 29, 2009, 11:09:14 AM »
Hallo,

I have a Question :-) I have Virtuemart 1.1.3 and Joomla 1.5. This is a fine system but I cannot understand why subcategories are not shown when I click on a maincategory. I don't mean to show subcategories left, I want to show the subcategories also in the middle part :-(

Maybe had someone a solution?

Scar

• J-lux
Re: How to show child categories? - and Categoriecounter?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 13:46:54 PM »
Hard to know when you don't share any information whatsoever about your site. But I'll take a wild guess, since default theme do show subcategories I guess you have switched theme, probably to Mynxx, right? That is why they don't show.

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 14:53:47 PM »
Hello :-)

Sorry, I forgot this, my Template is Mynxx. This was a great tip!  :)

Do you can give me a tip, how can I solve the category-problem? I know good about php, but in joomla and virtuemart I'm a newbie^^

Can you give me maybe some paths or something else, where I can start^ ?

Big THX :-)

Scar

• J-lux
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 15:08:19 PM »
Sure, the code is in categoryChildlist.tpl.php in common folder in the theme folder. You could just "steal" that part from default theme and put it in Mynxx theme. I dont remember exactly what is missing but it shouldnt be to hard if you compare the files. There are other posts about this as well.

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 15:39:56 PM »
Hello,

thank you :-)

ähhhm in my mynnx template folder does already exists the categoryChildlist.tpl.php, I testet this, and switched to the default theme, but nothing changes :-(
At this time I try to find something with the search function^^

THX

EDIT: I checked out some solutions, but maybe (I think) virtuemart doesn't include this template (Child...). Does there a solution to include that, or has somebody some path where i can look?