News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

FedEx - Canada - Calculations

Started by unplugged, October 23, 2009, 17:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unplugged

Greetings,
Getting this shipping stuff to work seems almost impossible.

I'd like to use FedEx to ship from Canada, within Canada.
I need shipping to be automatically calculated based on weight AND dimensions.
I only want 2 shipping methods offered.  Standard Overnight & Ground.
I need this calculated rate to be shown in the VM shopping cart.

I can't seem to get the default FedEx module to do this.  Is there an alternative or a hack?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

supplierman

Hi,

Q) I'd like to use FedEx to ship from Canada, within Canada.
A) Fedex is providing best solution to ship region, city and state shipping.

Q) I need shipping to be automatically calculated based on weight AND dimensions.

a) Visit some links
http://www.canadacustomer.fedex.com/fedexweb/businessbonus/EN/discountcal.jsp?type=popup

http://www.canadacustomer.fedex.com/fedexweb/businessbonus/EN/sampleinvoice.jsp?type=popup

For more question,
Customer Service Hotline
Toll-free, 24 hours a day
1.800.GoFedEx
TTY: 1.800.238.4461

Technical Support

Certified Packaging Usa in USA

PassionateTeam

Our client is using VirtueMart 1.1.4 with "FedEx Shipping module, version 2.2011.01.06., utilizing FedEx "Web Services"

FedEx module is enabled for "FedEx ground". Products are being shipped from California, USA.

Issue:
When someone buy product with shipping address to Canada or Mexico with shipping set to "FedEx ground" the price fetched by the FedEx module and charged to the buyer at the site (webservice) is less than what client is actually paying to FedEx.
FedEx support team has asked to contact VirtueMart for correct code and version.

Except for the price-difference, i guess remaining parts and integration are working fine i.e. code is able to fetch "FedEx shipping Rates".

Please suggest if we should be installing newer versions/ upgrade or any patch to fix this price differences.