Author Topic: [OK] Products to download : where is the Download option ?  (Read 3305 times)

macchu

• Beginner
[OK] Products to download : where is the Download option ?
« on: October 21, 2009, 16:13:52 pm »
Hi everybody,

I want to install VirtueMart to purpose files to download (not free) but I have a problem with the products.

I tried to install VirtueMart three times with Firefox, Chrome, in local server and on line, but the result is the same :
I don't have the option "Download" like another site. Usually, the option is in Product DImensions and Weight, but here nothing :

Can you help me ?  And sorry for my bad english  ::)
thanks !

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.8 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM .3.6.0.10075 on Joomla 3.9.8

macchu

• Beginner
Re: Products to download : where is the Download option ?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 17:37:52 pm »
I don't see it anywhere !
thank you :)

rb

• Advanced
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 00:56:17 am »
Be sure that you have Downloads enabled:

Admin->Configuration->Downloads tab->Enable Downloads (checked)

macchu

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 12:41:43 pm »

macchu

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 11:48:49 am »
http://virtuemart.net/documentation/User_Manual/Product_Files_and_Images.html

Hi, I'm back!
Sorry but I don't understand why users can download the file BEFORE to pay. Please, see this image

>> How can I resolve this problem ?

Thank you

rb

• Advanced
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 12:30:08 pm »
macchu, I'm guessing your situation is this:
1. your store sells images
2. when you create a new product, you upload the actual image you're selling as the product image
3. when users view your products and click on the thumbnail, they're shown the full-size, actual image that you're selling
4. when you say users can "download before they pay", you mean they can right-click on the full-size image and save it locally

If these assumptions are correct, then perhaps you shouldn't use your actual sellable image as your product image.  Instead, you might want to make a low resolution copy of your image, perhaps with the word "proof" written across it, and use THAT image as your product image.  Then save your actual sellable image as type "Downloadable product file to be sold."

However, if my above assumptions are incorrect, please ignore this post ;)

macchu

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 12:44:19 pm »
macchu, I'm guessing your situation is this:
1. your store sells images
2. when you create a new product, you upload the actual image you're selling as the product image
3. when users view your products and click on the thumbnail, they're shown the full-size, actual image that you're selling
4. when you say users can "download before they pay", you mean they can right-click on the full-size image and save it locally

If these assumptions are correct, then perhaps you shouldn't use your actual sellable image as your product image.  Instead, you might want to make a low resolution copy of your image, perhaps with the word "proof" written across it, and use THAT image as your product image.  Then save your actual sellable image as type "Downloadable product file to be sold."

However, if my above assumptions are incorrect, please ignore this post ;)

hi,
My store sells pdf documents, not images, when I create one product this link appears in front. So, everyone can download the document.
But I thank you for your response

rb

• Advanced
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 13:15:07 pm »
I'll try one more guess: perhaps when you uploaded the PDF, you did not give it a "File Type" of "Downloadable Product File (to be sold!)".  Perhaps it was given a "File Type" of "Additional File" in which case there would be a link shown on the flypage.  If this is the case, delete  the file and re-add it as a "Downloadable Product File".  If I'm wrong again, I'll stop bothering you ;)

macchu

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 14:47:08 pm »
Yes, good shot!
You have right. thank you Rb :)