News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VirtueMart 1.1.4 Released

Started by aravot, October 16, 2009, 20:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aravot

Our language translate coordinator is studying for his university finals and is not available, don't know if anything has been added or not, just use a compare software and compare the files.

Eraser

Quote from: aravot on October 18, 2009, 18:40:36 PM
Our language translate coordinator is studying for his university finals and is not available, don't know if anything has been added or not, just use a compare software and compare the files.
That's going to be annoying, since I can't compare English and Estonian file. I have to compare two English files (v1.1.3 and v1.1.4) and then include changes in Estonian file. And I have to repeat this 18 times. Needlessly lot of work. So the list of files and lines that need editing would be really helpful. Lines that are added into the language files aren't even in different (highlighted) section.

No hurry by me ... :) ... I suggested my clients and Estonian community to hold up with upgrading anyway. That's because the upgrade has messed up some sites already. :(

vikezz

This is just awesome .. thank you very much for your hard work and commitment to the virtuemart project.. this is a huge day! Thanks for the improved version.

The auto update function was smooth and works!

aravot

If you think comparing few files few time is a lot of work for your own benefit, I don't think any of of us who put a lot of time providing support, coding, testing writing documentation will be doing the work for you.

It is up to you and other users to decide whether to upgrade or not.

Eraser

My purpose by no means wasn't to criticize the work done by the developers in any way. ;D

I also don't expect anyone to do my work for me, but I would appreciate, if that could be done easier. I don't think that it is too much to ask. Joomla! developers manage to generate a list of changes in language files. OK, one may wonder, that there are more people working on Joomla!, but even developers who are working on their extensions alone, manage at least to highlight lines, that are added to language files. Something like that ...

'VM_FIELDS_CAPTCHA' => 'Captcha Field (using com_securityimages)',
# Added in 1.1.14
'VM_FIELDS_AGEVERIFICATION' => 'Age Verification (Date Select Fields)',
'VM_FIELDS_AGEVERIFICATION_MINIMUM' => 'Specify the minimum Age'

Keeping translations of tens and hundreds of extensions up-to-date is also quite huge work. ;) And if updating language files of one extension takes as much effort as updating the language files of ten other extensions, then it's also quite frustrating. So I don't think that I'm asking others to do my work for me. :-\

Christopher Wilkinson

Eraser, I don't mean to offend you in any way, but I think you are missing the point.

jazzy013

Hello,

please help me. I upgraded VM 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 manually via FTP, because i forgot about admin update option. I dont know if it is related but now i have all the stuf that used to be inb tabs just listed on one site so you have toscroll down for all stuf. As exemple in product details there are all additional stuff such as images etc. listed on one page. Its the same with all the stuff.

I have joomla 1.0.15 and now 1.1.4

Please help as soon as possible.

Thank you, Jasmina.