News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VirtueMart 1.1.4 Released

Started by aravot, October 16, 2009, 20:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aravot

VirtueMart 1.1.4 is a recommended maintenance update, which provides numerous bug fixes for problems discussed in the forum and on our bug tracker, other enhancements and a lot of minor bugs (see the changelog for full details).

Full installation packages and patch packages are available on the download page.

To update to version 1.1.4, login to your VirtueMart administration area and choose "Check for Updates" from the "Admin" menu, then click the "Check now!" button and follow the instructions there. (Or, you can download the 1.1.4 patch package directly , save it to your local hard drive, and choose to "Upload a Patch Package" from the "Upload a Patch" tab.)

If you are using VirtueMart 1.1.0, you must first update to VirtueMart 1.1.1 before updating to VirtueMart 1.1.4.

Post all bugs related to VirtueMart 1.1.4 release in Quality & Testing VirtueMart 1.1.x board.

When reporting bugs please follow bug reporting template

volksman3

WOW the Virtuemart team have done it again, just been reading through the change log and it addresses many  issues - well done guys and thanks for this latest release, i will be upgrading the first of many stores next week.

Thanks again: Akira Studio
Parachutes are like minds, they only work when they are open!
http://www.akirastudio.co.uk

Adam Bazaroff

/Adam'B ... Poor english mode [ON] ;D

PRO

Patched on test server. Smooth like butter.

Will start testing tonight

MAD King

Can not do an automatic update from the VirtueMart Admin (1.1.3)

getting this error on all of my three sites:

QuoteError: Failed to retrieve the location of the Patch Package virtuemart.net Server. Probably there's no Patch Package available for your Version. Try again later if you think it's a network problem.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

zeolite

I'm getting the same error:

Error: Failed to retrieve the location of the Patch Package virtuemart.net Server. Probably there's no Patch Package available for your Version. Try again later if you think it's a network problem.

Is this my site or virtuemart.net issue?

MAD King

Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

Eraser

Rob Brideson

Same problem as MAD King and others. Appreciate it can be manually downloaded but that is not the point. Virtuemart have provided the service to update via the panel and it should work, at present it does not. Could someone let us know why and when we are likely to see it work?
Rob Brideson
Owner & Founder
Primal Media (UK)

http://www.primal-media.co.uk
Web Design & Development
http://www.websitemarketing-tips.com

Kai920

Quote from: zeolite on October 16, 2009, 22:22:00 PM
I'm getting the same error:

Error: Failed to retrieve the location of the Patch Package virtuemart.net Server. Probably there's no Patch Package available for your Version. Try again later if you think it's a network problem.

Is this my site or virtuemart.net issue?

Download the correct version directly from here and upload it through VM:

http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=54&Itemid=147

aravot

The error was due to server issue which hosting company was having, this type of issues are out of our hand.

Last I checked it was fixed.

@Eraser, language files should be updated and provided to us by language translator.

Eraser

Quote from: aravot on October 17, 2009, 18:03:32 PM@Eraser, language files should be updated and provided to us by language translator.
Any list of files/lines, that needs updating? or do I have to track them down manually?

derebo

thanks for the update! updated on joomla 1.5.14 and virtuemart 1.1.3 from the backend. automated downloading and installing. the whole process worked like a charm.

Christopher Wilkinson

Great job and many thanks to the development team.

As mentioned in this thread ... are there any changes we need to know about regarding language files?

PS: The online automatic update through the admin panel works like a charm and it even warns you what files will be overwritten, to make sure that users with customized versions are aware of what will be changed.

Eraser

QuoteCheck out the bug tracker!
According to bugtracker (witch isn't comfortable way at all) there is  only one line added to language files. ::)
Is that correct?

Untranslated language string in checkout_register_form.php
User registration is disabled, it must be enabled in order to proceed.