Author Topic: Cherry Picker - Amazon / Newegg.com -like Product Filter  (Read 49769 times)

Galt

• Beginner
    • Galt - filter products similar to Amazon.com / Newegg.com
Re: Cherry Picker - Amazon / Newegg.com -like Product Filter
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 11:50:27 am »
Lots of stuff and improvements have been done recently for the modules Cherry Picker and VM Breadz.
It may even be called
 - a new version is released.

Let’s take a look on new features.

1.  Now Cherry Picker has a comprehensive support of Multiple Values as Parameter Type. It is very handy in situations when one parameter of a product has multiple qualities.
  For example: your store is selling dresses. And a certain dress is multicolored – has white, red, yellow colors. In old version you would have to choose only one dominating color and assign to Parameter -> Color. But now it is possible to have all colors in parameter Color and this dress will be searchable in any color a visitor has selected. So now it is more versatile for you to decide what products a customer should see under certain criteria.

2.  Display Cherry Picker on a Frontpage or any other non-Virtuemart page, or even in a parent category with ALL filters of certain Product Type.
  So now you can invite a customer to your store even earlier with no need to dig in the depths of categories. What you need – is to create another copy of Cherry Picker,  assign Product Type ID and select where you want this module to be displayed in Joomla Menu Assignment.

3. Choose to display a total number of products selected.

4. Has a Static or Dynamic Pre-text. Dynamic means – a category name will be used in pre-text: “Select products from Televisions”.

5. In VM Breadz you may choose a type of breadcrumbs:
- regular:   Sony > 1080p > 22”
- with names:    Brand: Sony > Resolution: 1080p > Screen size: 22”

6. A couple of pre-installed themes.

7. Other little code improvements.

Note: If you are using <Previous :: Next product> hack, please re-download shop_browse_queries.php.
http://galt.md/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54
There is only one change at line 215.

dimbazzo

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 13:58:43 pm »
awesome! thanks!)

Galt

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 13:53:03 pm »
You may now try a Free Dummy version on your site:
http://galt.ck.ua/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55

Luciffere

• Web Design de Calitate
    • Web Design de Calitate
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 18:04:19 pm »
All links to your demo, manual... not work!
Server not found
Gift based on total order
Web design, logo, branding, joomla, virtuemart, flash. Portofoliu web design: http://www.luciffere.ro/portofoliu.html

Galt

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 20:54:44 pm »
Sorry, sorry for inconvenience. The hosting company is having some problems, but they promise it'll be working soon.

UPDATE: The site is back!

Jinxz

• Beginner
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 12:41:25 pm »
Im using latest version of Cherry Picker. Comprehensive support of Multiple Values as Parameter Type is just awsome work  ;D! However im having trouble setting one specific thing. For example: I have shop with celular phones. I want to setup filter so user can select from Brand (nokia, samsung,..), Properties (mp3, gps, etc) and design. I would make 3 copies of CP modules and each of them define the right Product Type ID.

Problem occurs when i try to filter out for example Nokia with MP3 and GPS support. In short: i can't select multiple parameters if they are in seperate module with different type ID  ???. I know that i could solve this if i put everything in same Product Type ID but i would realy like to seperate one Product Type ID from the other.

So.. I guess question is: Is it possible to keep my configuration of modules as it is and still use it as mentioned above?

Here is an example how i would like to make my filter: http://www.mobitel.si/telefoni-in-naprave/aparati.aspx?mo=0&te=0

Galt

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 18:23:06 pm »
Hello,
I did reply by mail.

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
  • VM 2.0 in heavy testing
    • Buy my work
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 22:08:38 pm »
Im using latest version of Cherry Picker. Comprehensive support of Multiple Values as Parameter Type is just awsome work  ;D! However im having trouble setting one specific thing. For example: I have shop with celular phones. I want to setup filter so user can select from Brand (nokia, samsung,..), Properties (mp3, gps, etc) and design. I would make 3 copies of CP modules and each of them define the right Product Type ID.

Problem occurs when i try to filter out for example Nokia with MP3 and GPS support. In short: i can't select multiple parameters if they are in seperate module with different type ID  ???. I know that i could solve this if i put everything in same Product Type ID but i would realy like to seperate one Product Type ID from the other.

So.. I guess question is: Is it possible to keep my configuration of modules as it is and still use it as mentioned above?

Here is an example how i would like to make my filter: http://www.mobitel.si/telefoni-in-naprave/aparati.aspx?mo=0&te=0

If you read product types manual, I wrte there that it is not recommanded to assign more product types to a product or a category of products, just for this reason!

Luciffere

• Web Design de Calitate
    • Web Design de Calitate
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 14:08:43 pm »
With this module i can make this:

I want to sell wheels. But a wheel have many dimensions: 7.5;8;9....20
This dimensions i want to insert to parameter for Wheel dimension product type. Now. If a product have 10 dimensions parameters, the module show the results?

Gift based on total order
Web design, logo, branding, joomla, virtuemart, flash. Portofoliu web design: http://www.luciffere.ro/portofoliu.html

Galt

• Beginner
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2009, 08:12:20 am »
Yup, all ten.

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
    • Buy my work
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 17:59:28 pm »
Hey what's new on this development?

Mirco C

• Beginner
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2009, 00:01:35 am »
Hi Maksus,
Question about CP: I'm selling clothes. Is it possible voor customers to select for instance colour red AND colour blue so they see both?
Regards Mirco

Galt

• Beginner
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 14:00:35 pm »
Hi Mirco,
If you mean to select two parameters from the same parameters group, then no. That's not quite efficient I think, at least. But if you mean that your clothes have two colours (red and blue) then yes, it'll be searchable under any of two.

Hi Dan,
Been busy lately. From latest - There is a slightly modified Horizontal version of ChP, so you can now place it on top or bottom of page. May be pretty handy)

korb

• Quality&Testing Team
    • Buy my work
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 15:26:09 pm »
I was only checking in, to make sure you are around to hear some news: VM 1.5 will also have Product Types, I know because I had some words with Roland the man.

So you better check out the VM 1.5 development. Pretty soon we will have the first beta release.

Danny

Galt

• Beginner
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 15:33:38 pm »
Good news, thanks!