Author Topic: Slow website  (Read 3461 times)

akii

• Beginner
Slow website
« on: October 06, 2009, 18:39:43 pm »
My Virtuemart website is very slow. :( . I tried everything except caching because it is creating problem with modules. can anybody please tell me why my website is slow yet
http://mumbaibookmart.com/

Scar

• J-lux
Re: Slow webiste
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 21:17:22 pm »
This is probably caused by a number of reasons. There is a good Firefox tool called Yslow which could give you a few tips on what to correct to speed up the site itself. For example don't use a lot of javascript modules when you have performance issues.

What's easier to correct is your host. Never use a cheap one, you get what you pay for. It's probably a very cheap host with a lot of sites sharing the same server. I did a quick reverse IP lookup and it seems your sharing the server with about 3427 different domains (this is not 100% sure but it gives an indication). Also make sure the server is as geografically close to you and your customers as possible.

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 21:29:03 pm »
And the reason,   
        6   JavaScript File   
   9   Stylesheet File   

The slideshow slows it does as well
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

akii

• Beginner
Re: Slow website
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 10:55:31 am »
Thank you for finding the problems.
But actually my problem is not really that website modules are loading slow,
It just that when i go to my website it shows blank page for lot of time than the the menu appears and then modules are loaded.Is there any way i can load my website part by part so that blank page does not appear initially  so that users know there is some progrss and no connection problem.

Also can you name some good hosts where i can host my website.

Also please tell me how to reduce stylesheet and java script,should i change  my template for that ,if yes then can u please name some templates  

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 14:40:15 pm »
It just that when i go to my website it shows blank page for lot of time than the the menu appears and then modules are loaded.

Thats probably the java file for the menu is too large.
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)