News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Which Type Of Paypal Account

Started by sundeniro, October 05, 2009, 13:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundeniro

Hi

I'm setting up a site for a small organisation that are going to sell a few items on their site using paypal and virtuemart.

Which type of paypal account do they need as their seems to be loads available? Back when I set up my paypal account in the late 90s there was only one type so I'm not sure which they need to choose?

Would be great if someone could enlighten me.

Many Thanks

John

SteveOh_UK

I have a similar quandary and will be watching this thread too.. cheers

sundeniro

I don't think that we are liely to receive a resonse

eradio

As I understand it the free Paypal account will take customer to PayPal's site to make payment, but Pay Pal pro will process payment within your VM site, as a regular CC processor.

demiurg

If you are OK with using PayPal web site for checkout and don't mind receiving money on your name (as opposed to your organization name) use Premiere account.
BrowserSeal - fast multi browser screenshots
Currently supports Firefox, Internet Explorer (IE6, IE7 and IE8), Chrome, Safari and Opera.
Free trial download available.

WebWeaver

I've had a Business Premiere Paypal account for many years but have used Authorize.net for credit card processing.  I offer a Paypal option or credit card option on my site.  Recently I decided to funnel money into my Paypal account instead so I set up the included Paypal payment module in Virtuemart.

What I've found over the last week is that it confuses some customers when they encounter the Paypal screen.  You have to read the left side of the screen very carefully to find out that you can pay with a credit card WITHOUT having a Paypal account.  I'd say that around 20% of my customers either abandon their carts at the Paypal screen or contact me for help.  That is an unacceptably high percentage for me so I just signed up for Paypal Payments Pro.  This will keep everything on my site and reduce confusion, hopefully leading to much increased conversions.

My 2 cents at least.

nirajlama

Through my unending searching and frustration, I think I have come to discover that Paypal Website Payment Standard will not allow for a Shipping address that is different from the billing address, or an address already verified by, what has to be a registered Paypal buyer. So it is a hassel in the event a customer wanted a gift to be shipped elsewhere.