News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

UPS Limit Choices By Shipping Times

Started by altosgroup, September 29, 2009, 21:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altosgroup

I am working on a site for a client who sells perishable products who want to limit their customers choices by shipping times.

What I need to do is limit the shipping choices by only those that can be guaranteed in two days (or less).

Also if the customer is in NYC then obviously he should never be presented with 2 day AIR, same applies to someone in CA they would never get displayed UPS Ground because they'd never get it within 2 days

Any ideas?

lowmips

So if in NYC, Ground shipping or better is fine, but outside of NYC, only 2nd Day or next day options should be shown?

Sounds like a few hours worth of dev/testing for a custom module.
-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

altosgroup

Ahh thanks for the reply, im actually using your v2 UPS nice work !

I urgently need this implemented, you have the time to work on this ? I have been directd to the UPS TimeInTransit Toolkit by UPS but its out of my comfort zone. I ned someone to dev and implement this for me.

Meeka

Reggie - Did you ever implement this feature into your UPS v2.0 for Altosgroup?

We are shipping items that need to be delivered in 3 days or less.

If in: California, Arizona, Nevada and Utah offer UPS Ground, 2-Day and 3-Day.

If outside those states: ONLY offer UPS 2-Day and 3-Day.

Any help would be great!

lowmips

No, never implemented.

I have, however, modified my FedExv2 module with a similar feature.  You can configure shipping restrictions on a per-service level basis. Meaning, you define country/state(provice) pairs, and then apply that restriction to a service type.  If the user is in a country/state pair defined by the restriction, they do not get that service type listed.  This is an exclusive restriction, but could be modified to have a choice between being inclusive/exclusive.  An inclusive restriction would mean that service type would only be shown to matching country/state pairs in the restriction.

This could be ported to my UPSv2 module for a few hours dev time.

-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)