News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Message from another User

Started by CranialBlaze, September 05, 2009, 20:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CranialBlaze

Bellow a message sent to me and i assume many others from AlejandroMarutta for absolutely no apparent reason via the PM system.

I have no idea why he sent it but i feel that this should be a public matter seeing that my experience greatly differs to his and i would like to read other peoples opinions on this matter. I apologize if this was posted in the wrong section.
=================================================================================
In this world is two kind of people.
Guys who works hard for offering a good product like www.virtue-affiliate.com, www.idevdirect.com, www.jafilia.com and many others, and guys who just
steal unfinished scripts on the internet, buy a domain ( www.globacide.com ) subscribe the product in virtuemart extensions and make a pretty well
bussines in that way.I say unfinished scripts, well let me justify this.
What you think happens when changing the commission rate.All your commissions will be erased from database.May be what think now an affiliate who
see that yesterday was 10 $ there, but today is nothing ?
What you think happens when you have to pay 100$ to affiliates and for some reasons you decide to change the currency in EURO.
The symbol "$" is now "EURO" but amount to pay ... NOT.Instead 100$ you pay now 100 EURO ! If the diferences between currencies is bigger ?
I don't wanna think on that.
Live behind all that.
Cause what is more important piece in an affiliate script ?
Of course ... the TRACKING module.
The tracking module works until you change the template.From there ... nothing happens.
May be like me you provide this guy ftp access and you woke up in the morning with an ineligible website.
Let's see who is the guy who robbed us, spent our money, ruin some of us bussines and let us waiting in vain an reply from an "support" ticket.

http://hi5.com/friend/p82072933--FahBorsh_%E2%84%A2--html.

From a customer robbed.
=================================================================================
I don't believe, therefore it does not exist

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

CranialBlaze

Well i am sorry you found so many problems with it but for me its been working great, i had 1 or 2 bugs and i admit, support response is slow.

I have modified many aspects of those templates and various other files to my liking have even done back-end modification and all my banners and ads are working, its tracking perfectly, clicks as well as sales. I Have changed my commission percentages and adjusted the tier levels with no ill effects, as for the currency, well that is you own problem no where is it advertised that VMA has any automated currency converter and changing the currency simply means your changing the symbol in front of the payout amount not the amount your paying them so that my friend is simply your own stupidity. If you would like it to convert the numeric value when u change the currency symbol i suggest you post it in the VMA feature requests section. Myself i see no reason why after launching the program you would find it pertinent to change the currency in which you pay out your affiliates, if they bank in another currency then it will simply get converted in their side.

Next time you have such terrible things to say about something you made a conscious decision to pay for knowing their were other options including a free options, don't go around privately messaging happy or at least satisfied clients who already themselves had paid for it, if they were having problems too it would not benefit them in anyway to know about your problems and if they have not paid for it then your simply an annoying spammer, as a matter of fact your still an annoying spammer no matter which way you put it.

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

AlejandroMarutta

Dear "CranialBlaze" i have a response for you.
Yes, in my "own stupidity", and please don't forgot that here you talk with human beings not with animals, i expect that an affiliate soft, if i change the currency, automatically change and all amounts.Cause if i wanna play something, i play Solitare, is not necessarily to spent 65 EURO for playing with money symbols.That means you don't understand how work Virtuemart, i expect from a Virtuemart component to work in the same direction.
Or may be and Virtuemart are "stupid" like me ?

CranialBlaze

Well if you expected it to work the same way as virtuemart then maybe you should wait till the virtumart developers themselves make an affiliate program, otherwise don't just simply assume that an application built to work with another is designed to work the same way. that like assuming a petrol car will still drive if you put in diesel fuel.

Yes they are both vehicles and they both run on combustion fuel, but take your petrol car to the garage and see what happens if you put in diesel fuel.

Just remember, assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups...

Joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.2

AlejandroMarutta

We talk here about tehnical issue of affiliate script not about a fable with cars.I stopped here the conversation and let the Moderator to take position front of your "beautiful" language.

AlejandroMarutta

Yes is an issue with VM Affiliate code and please to accept my appologize cause i forgot that we are on the VirtueMart ( best shopping cart that i tested till now )Forum.
Once again i'm deeply sorry cause i bring it here a little war.
Is an mistake from me and will not be another one.