Author Topic: Error attempting to register user in VM, receiving message "Info: You are not.."  (Read 3294 times)

BotaniaRefresh

• Beginner
I will try to be as clear as possible, as I have tried everything and have been at this for days now:

There is a problem with the registration portion of VM, every time I attempt to register a user on the front-end via Joomla Login, it saves the information, but the User is not saved into the VirtueMart portion of the sites backend. My website is www.botaniarefresh.com, I seem to have no trouble with my other website that also utilizes the same setup I am attempting to use (www.botaniarefresh.com). This is the error I receive: "Info: You are not a Registered Customer yet. Please provide your Billing Information"

It basically loops back to that message every time I attempt to checkout from my cart, even though I am currently logged in under a user I have registered in the  Joomla front-end.  It refuses to acknowledge the current login, and then proceeds to display the registration fields.  If I fill those out, the message dissapears, and I am logged out of the Joomla front-end. 

I notice a few things on the backend: 1) The user when registered on the frontend via the Joomla Login, is saved in the Joomla backend, but not on the VM backend. This does not occur in the working website. 2) When attempting to add a user manually on the backend of VM, the fields "Email" and "New Password" in the General User Information tab is already filled out with my Super Admin information.  This is not the case in the working website. Also, if I then proceed to add the user via the VM backend, the user is still not saved in VM, the user only appears in Joomla user management.

I would greatly appreciate ANY help on this matter

BotaniaRefresh

• Beginner
Pardon, the good website is www.botaniadesign.com.

Also I am running on 1.5.22 and VM 1.1.4

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
you need to have them register through the vmart module

It will create them a joomla account as well
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

BotaniaRefresh

• Beginner
 Joomla!: User registration allowed?    Yes [Update] Green
Joomla!: New account activation necessary?    Yes [Update] Red

Same on both sites. 

When registering on the frontend, it sends an email for confirmation, and everything seems ok when you click the link to confirm, but as mentioned before, no user is registered in VM's backend.

BotaniaRefresh

• Beginner
Which vmart module do you speak of exactly? Is this an extra extension that must be downloaded?

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Either  mod_virtuemart or mod_virtuemart_login  - they will be found under Joomla's module manager if you installed them. If you did not install the modules they are in the modules directory of the complete VM package.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.6.10.10211 on Joomla 3.9.13 PHP 7.0.33

BotaniaRefresh

• Beginner
I have even updated to VirtueMart 1.1.8 and see no change.  I also attempted adding new users through other 3rd-party modules (eg mod_eny_virtuemart_login) and no matter what I do, no users are ever saved on the VM backend side.  The users are always saved in Joomla, and whenever I attempt to login when the VM login pops up in the cart section, the username and password fields are cleared and the checkout process never proceeds any further.

Also, if I attempt to logout using the mod_login or any other module and login through the VM module login on the right, the same error message comes out: Info: You are not a Registered Customer yet. Please provide your Billing Information

BotaniaRefresh

• Beginner
I should also mention, that this is a Template Monster template.  Could it be possible that there are just bugs that have arisen through the development of the template?

BotaniaRefresh

• Beginner
New development, when attempting to logout from the frontend modules the cart shows the following error: "Error: You do not have permission to access the requested module."

BotaniaRefresh

• Beginner
Does anyone have a download link to the mod_virtuemart_login module?

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
go to your module manager, and click "new" its in the package file already
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)