Author Topic: No images/show_image_in_imgtag.php problem  (Read 5663 times)

kaye10

• Beginner
  • Feed me with info...
No images/show_image_in_imgtag.php problem
« on: September 03, 2009, 02:10:12 am »
Hello all... I have VM 1.1.13 and suddenly my images dont show on my site, giving me that show_imgtag problem..how do I bring it back? Some say change the file permission to 755 or 777 and it solves the issue but where exactly do I go in my cpanel for this.. any help please.

Scar

• J-lux
Re: No images/show_image_in_imgtag.php problem
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 18:31:37 pm »
Use you FTP program to change file and folder permissions. In FileZilla you just right click on the file or folder you want to change and select the right permissions.

kaye10

• Beginner
  • Feed me with info...
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 03:55:42 am »

Whatsup Scar..i have an FTP client called "CORE FTP LE"..when i right click on my database,right click on properties and  it comes in 3 boxes saying user, group and world...where do i change the permission and to what number..its a lil frustrating u know..plz share any info.
Use you FTP program to change file and folder permissions. In FileZilla you just right click on the file or folder you want to change and select the right permissions.

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 22:09:09 pm »
kaye10, appreciate this can be confusing, but you'd be better off reading the manual for your FTP program. It is important to know how to use FTP and it's functions as you will need this knowledge again and again.
Get answers faster:

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

kaye10

• Beginner
  • Feed me with info...
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 20:26:43 pm »
You are right..i will need to know about the permissions..forright now, can you let me know how i  can change the file permissions so as to bring the image back on my site please.
kaye10, appreciate this can be confusing, but you'd be better off reading the manual for your FTP program. It is important to know how to use FTP and it's functions as you will need this knowledge again and again.

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 20:31:20 pm »
I don't use Core FTP, so not sure. However, you could save yourself (and others) time by looking at the Core FTP documentation.
Get answers faster:

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

kaye10

• Beginner
  • Feed me with info...
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 07:17:00 am »
hey Mike, which file permission should i change and to what number..so far almost everything is at 664..what # should i change to and which file should i modify plz.