Author Topic: Problems with template in Virtuemart  (Read 5799 times)

dfer_f

• Beginner
Problems with template in Virtuemart
« on: September 03, 2009, 21:43:11 pm »
I have installed Virtuemart and my problem is this: I try to make the purchase Shipping Address (pass without problem) I give you next to Ship Methods and the page is blank, but I realize that is only a problem of the template, as I tried bringing the default installation of Joomla and there if no problem in buying, someone knows how to fix it. Help please, and to work the aesthetic of the Web with this template.

Thanks

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
Re: Problems with template in Virtuemart
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 23:42:24 pm »
You probably need to post in a different section, although if it is the template, you will need to ask the template provider.
Get answers faster:

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

TomD

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 00:37:39 am »
It should be a Virtuemart bug because i experienced the same problem.
We use J1.5.14 and I tried the Virtuemart 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. and i got the same error.

After clicking checkout link on checkout page, a shipping address page comes up, and there is a NEXT button at the bottom.. it goes to the next page,SHIPPING METHODS BUT THE TEMPLATE WILL BE DIFFERENT.

I mean for example we use two templates, ONE for only home page, and ONE for inner pages. And the inner page template belongs to virtuemart HOWEVER the component uses the home page template for some reason.. I could not solve this problem and very annoying

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 01:14:04 am »
I think this is a problem with your setup. Maybe your templates are not assigned correctly? There would be many many posts here if there was a problem with the checkout link.
Get answers faster:

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

TomD

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 01:34:50 am »
No, the problem is not the checkout link, that works.. on the next page (SHIPPING ADDRESS), when i click on NEXT button, a new page comes up but it must be in the same template, however it appears in the front page template.

The Templates are good... the default is the inner template, the front page template belongs to only the home page.

As i said the shop is working, but virtuemart uses a different template for some reason on checkout pages

TomD

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 01:37:41 am »
you can test the site
http://web.mydns.net.nz/carteroni.co.nz
PARTS

username: test
password: test2009

this is one of the websites where i got this problem

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 01:41:17 am »
Could you take screenshot(s) of your Joomla template config, and highlight which one is what?
Get answers faster:

TomD

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 01:51:50 am »
i have just sent details in email to you... is it good ?

TomD

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 03:13:21 am »
here are the screenshots attached in ZIP (joomla config, template page, menu...)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 08:53:56 am »
I presumed you've got any SEF components turned off?
Get answers faster:

TomD

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 10:13:52 am »
No SEF at the moment, but I tried out with SEF and the same happened..
We dont use any SEF component

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 10:39:44 am »
Well, I'm stumped. I've seen this type of thing work fine so I know it does. Setup looks fine. Does it use SSL? Hopefully someone who has had the same issue will know more. I do recommend posting the images actually in the forum (rather than a zip file) as not everyone will download attachments.
Get answers faster:

TomD

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 10:51:02 am »
no SSL. We have several virtuemart shop in older joomla using virtuemart 1.0.15. That was stable and worked without any hassle. But the new virtuemart under new joomla failed to work perfectly. I have been developing joomla sites for 4 years so i am not new. That is why i have no any idea now.

TomD

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 11:13:29 am »
I tried out the virtuemart 1.0.15 under Joomla 1.5.14 in legacy mode and i got the same template problem, however the VM1.0.15 is working smoothly under older joomla. So probably it is a joomla problem ?

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 11:37:43 am »
I would say it is more a VM than a Joomla issue, assuming this is not just your system. I would have expected a load more posts about it is it was global. Might be worth reporting this to the bug tracker for further testing (there's a thread with info about this). I expect there's a way around it by manually doing something with the URL.
Get answers faster: