Author Topic: User Registration Problems 1.1.3  (Read 6085 times)

Direct FS

• Beginner
User Registration Problems 1.1.3
« on: August 31, 2009, 17:28:55 pm »
Hi Gang

site is at dev.alarmpro.co.uk

I'm having a major problem getting registration of users to work.

I can do it fine in the main Joomla installation - I add an account, and it all goes through fine.

However, when I try to create a new account in Virtuemart Login/Virtuemart_mod modules, it pops up the registration screen, lets me enter all the data, and submit.  But nothing gets passed to the database, and no email is sent - in short, the user is never created.

This is frustrating - I know I could use the Joomla login/account creation and it passes the data over to VM, but it doesn't collect all the bill-to info, and so I don't end up with a full VM user.

Given that Joomla registration is working, can anyone point me to a reason why the VM registration would not be working?

Thanks all.

FatalMusic

Re: User Registration Problems 1.1.3
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 18:42:48 pm »
I have the same problem!

registration form is sent but nothing is added or confirmed!

It is working when a user registers during the checkout process... but not otherwise. Is this a bug?

doglatin

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 03:38:23 am »
I'm also getting a similar problem. 

What happens if you try and register a new user in the back-end? (through VM interface) 

ck

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 01:40:33 am »
I have the exact same problem. Using Joomla registration, everything is ok. But when using the VM login - the form displays, then I enter everything in, click submit .... and nothing.

No data passed to the database, no reg email sent, no user added. Nothing.

VM registration cofiguration is set to: Normal  - and I have tired the other settings as well with no success.

I have deleted and reinstalled the mod_virtuemart_login and it still doesn't do any registrations.

@doglatan: Information can be added through the back-end, so the problem seems to be with the front-end.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

somebidder

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 14:47:44 pm »
I hate to send a "me too" reply, but me too.
I can register users through the back-end, but thats pretty useless on an ecommerce site.

using Joomla 1.5, and most recent version of VM

libertybn

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 15:54:47 pm »
Hi!
The problem could occur because both user databses are open to use for registration from FE.
First thing to do after installing VM should be to stop users being able to register through standard joomla modul.
Shut that off. Take away the reg-form of Joomla.
Then enter the VM->admin->config and set "Yes" and "No", like this:
User Registration Type          ---> Normal account creation

Joomla!: Nutzerregistrierung erlaubt?   Ja [aktualisieren]
Joomla!: Aktivierung von neuen Kundenaccounts notwendig?   Nein [aktualisieren]
And in the mod_virtuemart set "Show a Login Form for the customers?" to YES.

This should prevent from having this problems.

BTW dev.alarmpro.co.uk is unavailable.

solidrock

• Beginner
  • Solid Rock Design
    • Solid Rock Design
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 20:18:55 pm »
That was not the solution. I have all this settings but the personal data in VM gets not stored and so nobody cannot buy products b/c it stops at the registration-form. And if you fill the form out once agian it sais the same thing as if it does not recognize the registration-form.
.oO Solid Design 4 an unsolid world Oo.

mediabanana

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 20:38:30 pm »
I had this issue recently -but couldn't find an easy solution. I ended up writing the "user registration" fields into the the install files and re-installing Virtumart altogether.

I'm guessing you have "extra" user registration fields that you actually added in, if not then you're problem is the not the same -so don't try this.

It's actually simpler than it sounds -there are only 4 file you have to update
UPDATE-SCRIPT_VM_1.0x_to_1.1.0.sql
sql.virtumart.php
sql.update.VM-1.0.x_to_VM-1.1.0.php
english.php

In each of the areas, you'll find an area with entries into the database user fields table (starts with "INSERT INTO `jos_something`"). You'll basically want to create entries for each user field you "added" in the backend -then reinstall all of virtumart (back up your database, uninstall, re-import your backup without erasing or overwriting the userfield table).

There's obviously a lot of risk involved -so make sure you're comfortable with all this before trying it, don't blame me if you erase your website and can't recover it.

Another solution, granted you don't need many "extra" fileds -is to use the "extra" fields it comes pre-installed with (and even re-use the one's you're not using -you can always edit the fields label).

mwf

• Ready to Code!
    • EXPS
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 16:40:10 pm »
It can appear the user registration is not working (even in 1.1.4) if you forget to select the drop down User Registration Type - Normal Account Creation (for example). Leaving the drop down at "no account creation" lets the registration form display and then does nothing - exactly what we asked for  :P
Professional Joomla Development and Support
http://www.exps.ca

onl

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 15:21:38 pm »
Try downloading and installing the Virtuemart Login Module and use that. Disable the Joomla Login Module.