Author Topic: weird breadcrum display error of my virtuemart  (Read 4342 times)

aaronzy

• Beginner
weird breadcrum display error of my virtuemart
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:54:15 am »
Hi everybody,

I'm new to virtuemart.  I made a website using joomlar 1.512 and virtuemart 1.1.3 for my friend's company. 

I also installed sh4.4SEF 1.0.20_Beta - build_237 to make the urls search engine friendly.

Since it's a manufacturer's website, I have disabled all virtuemart's cart functions and used it as a online catalogue.

In "main menu", "Our products" is the store link.  Below the "Our products", There are ”Submenu leve 2 a", "Submenu level 2 b", Submenu level 2 c", etc.  And below "Submenu level 3 a", there are "Submenu level3 a", "Submenu level 3 b".

The weird problem I encounter is that when I click on all the level 2 submenus, the breadcrums are ok.  But when I click on the level 3 submenus, the breadcrums will be like"Home-Our products-Sub menu level 2-Submenu level 3-Submenu level 2".

You can click on this link to see the problem, http://www.chinawaterdispenser.com/Non-gall-Water-Dispenser.html

And here is the screenprint.

Thank you for any advice!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
Re: weird breadcrum display error of my virtuemart
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 08:59:15 am »
Quick answer for you. First, there are other threads about this, so searching the forum first would help. Secondly, always turn off sef extensions when having problems or initial testing.
Get answers faster:

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

aaronzy

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 09:42:52 am »
Thanks MikeUK!

I've turned off SEF and the problem still exists.  I've searched the forum and found similar problem exist.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=56515.0

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=56900.0

In the second post, jjj2 listed two solutions.  I tried the first one, and the breadkcrum problem of my level 3a menu disappeared.  But the other level 3 menu still had the problem.

I tried the second solution, and the breadcrum problem disappeared in my other level 3 menu, but it still exists with other menus.

That's really weird.

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 11:51:47 am »
It would be much better to continue this in the other thread, as this will keep the issue together and will be more helpful to the community.
Get answers faster:

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

aaronzy

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 04:32:34 am »
It would be much better to continue this in the other thread, as this will keep the issue together and will be more helpful to the community.

Thanks for your reminkd MikeUK.  I've done that. :)