Author Topic: Problems with Moving Virtuemart? FAQS  (Read 79376 times)

tom_smi

• Beginner
Re: Problems with Moving Virtuemart? FAQS
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 11:53:36 am »
Just wanted to say thanks to BanquetTables.pro, your a complete life saver, I just built a site off line with over 200 products, uploaded it and was devistated to see it wasnt working. You sir are a complete life saver.
Thank you.

dohertyboy

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 14:05:53 pm »
thanks for posting your solution regarding the virtuemart.cfg.php
and gaining back images after migrating servers.
This had given me the biggest 24hr headache as Im a joomla/VM user for its click install benefits, not seraching through lines of code

raajasek

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 17:27:31 pm »
i am new to virtuemart, i have downloaded virtuemart manual installation package and uploaded files through filezilla and installed virtuemart. every thing ok but i am unable to change admin configuration and adding new product not problem but iam unable to upload images to my new product added please help

i am receving file_put_contents error
while uploading images i am receiving multiple error move_upload an getresize like that

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 18:00:07 pm »
raajasek
is the directory 755?
I do NOT do development work for hire.

raajasek

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 08:08:04 am »
if i am changing hostname in virtuemart.cfg all images disappears,iam receiving file _put_Contents error when any changes done in admin configuration

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 13:38:18 pm »
have you disabled dynamic thumbnails, saved, and then re-enabled them?

wildfinn

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 02:00:19 am »
I've had the same problem but found an easier solution and images and everything else came back.

1. after move to another directory/location change the joomla config file.

2. in Joomla backend go to components - virtuemart and click on admin - configuration, it'll try to go to confuguration but the url for that ain't right. Just change the url in your browser address field to where it really should go. Now when you hit enter the backend configuration page should come up as normal.

3. Go to security tab and change the url there to what it should be for the new location.

Works like charm every time and takes a fraction of time than every other way I've had to do it before.

Oz

qme1ster

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 13:48:15 pm »
Hi,

I'm having a real headache with thumbnails and large images not showing after a server migration and upgrade from Joomla 1.0 to 1.5.

No images show on the browse page ( where the main image thumbs should reside ) however the additional image thumbs are visible on the product flypage.

On the flypage while the thumbnails are all visible, when clicked the large images are not found.

I've read through various forum posts and these are the steps I've taken so far to try to resolve:

Checked Joomla and Virtuemart config - they both contain the new URL.

I've disabled dynamic thumbnail resizing and then re-enabled it. No change.

Checked file/directory permissions as within this post above and they are all set to 755.

Did several exports with CSVI Virtuemart and this is what I've found:

With the product export - references to the main image and thumbnail are as follows:

"Linear_Small_4cd13739ac5e6.jpg" and "resized/Linear_Small_4cd13739a3a86_150x150.jpg"

With the Product Files export:

"product_files_file_name" contains relative filepath without domain name. e.g.
"/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/magis_dejavu_s_425a.jpg"

"product_files_file_url" contains the full absolute (old) URL e.g.
"http://myolddomain.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/magis_dejavu_s_425a.jpg"

So I changed the URL references in the CSV file so that it contained the new domain name, imported with CSVI, go back and check the thumbnails on the browse page and the links on the product details page - but they're still broken.

Strangely, when I did another export, the URL's had not changed to the new domain. Not sure if this is an issue with CSVI Virtuemart or if there's something else going on.

I then isolated a product in phpMyAdmin. The URL's indeed had not changed, despite the import reporting success. So I manually changed each image URL to reflect the new domain i.e. http://mynewdomain.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/magis_sp_bombo_s_425b.jpg. Saved this and indeed the large images display correctly on the product details page when the thumbs are clicked.

So now I need to change all references to the old URL. But since CSVI Virtuemart isn't doing the job, can anyone please help me out with the SQL command to change via phpMyAdmin ?

Secondly - still no thumbs displayed on the browse page - is this related to the way the filenames are referenced ? ( as mentioned above, relative path "resized/thumbimage.jpg" ).

Any ideas very very gratefully received after many hours of bafflement.

Thanks

Q

shapa

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 20:22:08 pm »
I just moved my Virtuemart to my home domain and have solved everything other than the asbeel virtuemart horizontal login. The login is a complete mess with a black line above it and text such as 'forgot your password' and 'register' not showing (however the link itself remains).

Any ideas?
http://www.ekobutik.si/

suite121

• Beginner
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 07:31:51 am »
Ok I moved the site from a  sub domain to the main domain and now it generating the following URL when clicking on a product.

http://www.vpdist.com/www.vpdist.comindex.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=2&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=158

Any help for some reason it adding the www.vpdist.com. Thanks

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 12:37:20 pm »
Ok I moved the site from a  sub domain to the main domain and now it generating the following URL when clicking on a product.

http://www.vpdist.com/www.vpdist.comindex.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=2&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=158

Any help for some reason it adding the www.vpdist.com. Thanks

make sure you have a trailing slash in the shop and secure urls

suite121

• Beginner
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 16:40:00 pm »
 Thanks for getting back with me.

Here what I have

// these path and url definitions here are based on the Joomla! Configuration
define( 'URL', 'http://www.vpdist.com' );
define( 'SECUREURL', 'http://www.vpdist.com' );

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 17:27:17 pm »
put the /   at the end of the url

bugger101

• Beginner
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 10:36:39 am »
Hello,

Where do we go to do this: Checked file/directory permissions as within this post above and they are all set to 755. ?

:)

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 15:44:04 pm »
Hello,

Where do we go to do this: Checked file/directory permissions as within this post above and they are all set to 755. ?

:)

where do you do WHAT? be specific if you want help