Author Topic: Major Problem re: products not displaying correctly  (Read 1412 times)

madcap

• Beginner
Major Problem re: products not displaying correctly
« on: July 11, 2009, 15:41:41 pm »
Hi All

I really really need some help/advice please...

I've spent ages on a site and it just won't come together...Here's the problem:

http://regency.mediatwentyone.com

When I click on the "Eye & Face Protection" category and then click any product, the thumbnail displays as it should and links to the larger imager. Lightbox works aok.

However, if I click on "Outdoor Wear & Hi Viz" category and then any product - the product page shows this url: http://regency.mediatwentyone.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=2797&category_id=6

But I dont have 'garden_flypage.tpl' selected in site option in Admin of Virtuemart! If you then try and click the thumbnail of the product it takes you to a completely different page!

Can some very kind helpful person please help me out and point me in the right direction? I've spent all night trying to resolve this problem? I did delete the 'Outdoor Wear & Hi-Viz' products and reuploaded them thinking this might be the issue and I reuploaded all the images for that Category but still VM isn't playing properly!

Please can you give me some advice?

Using VM 1.1.3 and J15 v1.5.12 and PHP5.

Many thanks

Madcap

UPDATE::
I've found that for some reason a product url is entered for alot of products but not all...Whats the best way to remove that url without having to do it manually?

Anyone?

UPDATE2::
Fixed - just ran the command
Code: [Select]
update jos_vm_product set product_url=""; which cleared the column of the erroneous data...All good now...

Thanks for everyone's help! Not! 39 views over two posts and not one response....Some community!

kenneths

• Beginner
Re: Major Problem re: products not displaying correctly
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 22:45:06 pm »
If you have the sh404sef component then try "purge SEF Url's", it will clear the known urls and then run "jcrawler" or some other site to reinitiate the links.  I had the same problem when I changed a name of one of categories.  It kept going back to the duplicate category name.