Author Topic: No Order Confirmation To Admin - The problem persists!!!  (Read 41279 times)

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: No Order Confirmation To Admin - The problem persists!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2010, 00:55:51 am »
The hack I mentioned was a workaround for VM1.1.3 on hosts (like Godaddy) who use too many antispam measures for their customers to be able to use VM as coded.  The code in 1.1.3 was set up originally (ISTR) in 1.1.2 because too many people came to this forum wanting to simply click on the order email to reply to the customer. Somewhere after 1.1.3 was released some hosts started intoducing their anti-spam measures. The code was changed for VM1.1.4 to enable it to work without hacking on these servers and what happened? Once again people complained that they could not click on the order mail to send a reply.

I have never had such an issue on the servers I use. They may cost a bit more, but I don't have to go though hoops to get Joomla, VirtueMart and other components working as intended.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.10 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM 3.5.0.10097 on Joomla 3.9.10

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 18:35:09 pm »
There are known and serious security issues with VirtueMart versions before 1.1.3 and older versions of Joomla (is it really 1.0.0?) You should update these.

/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.10 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM 3.5.0.10097 on Joomla 3.9.10

nrozas

• Beginner
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 21:56:38 pm »
That's work for me after try so many different combinations THANKS

Finally I did it, it works now. I tried something that was already proposed but that I didn't try because I thought that my configuration was equivalent. Indeed the two following configuration are not equivalent even if in principle it should:

configuration in general configuration that works:
mail server: SMTP server
Adress: name@gmail.com
Name: name
SMTP identification: Yes
SMTP security: none
Port: 25
User: name@gmail.com
Passwd: passwd
Smtp host: ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465

And IT IS NOT EQUIVALENT TO

mail server: SMTP server
Adress: name@gmail.com
Name: name
SMTP identification: Yes
SMTP security: SSL
Port: 465
User: name@gmail.com
Passwd: passwd
Smtp host: smtp.gmail.com

capricorn

• Beginner
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 18:29:19 pm »
So I looked at all the orders/admin confirmations that NEVER came through. They are for orders with a public email address (Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN)...the customer confirmations go out but the admin confirmation breaks down and does not go out for all orders made with a PUBLIC email address!

I think this issue may be due to the customer email address being used as the FROM address for the email to admin, which is interpreted in some way by the GoDaddy server as an attempt to send spam though your account. Try this:

Around line 2321 in ps_checkout.php find
Code: [Select]
$vendor_mail = vmMail( $shopper_email, $shopper_name, $vendor_email, $vendor_subject, $vendor_mail_Body, $vendor_mail_AltBody, true, null, null, $EmbeddedImages);

change to
Code: [Select]
$vendor_mail = vmMail( $from_email, $shopper_name, $vendor_email, $vendor_subject, $vendor_mail_Body, $vendor_mail_AltBody, true, null, null, $EmbeddedImages);

ie. $shopper_email is changed to $from_email

This puts the site admin as the FROM field so may get around this problem. This does mean that an admin cannot simply reply to the order email, but the customer email address is still shown in the order mail body.

ps_checkout.php is located in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/

The above code is in VM 1.1.9 today. But still to make it work I had to change also
in administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ps_main.php around line 496

$mail->From = $from ? $from : $mosConfig_mail from;
$mail->Sender = $from ? $from : $mosConfig_mail from;

to

$mail->From    = $mosConfig_mailfrom;
$mail->Sender    = $mosConfig_mailfrom;

Seems to work now with SMTP and in the "from" field of a message to admin there is indeed admin's e-mail.  :)