News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Directing my VM to Pay Pal with code. Where do I put this code ?

Started by tropicaledit, November 17, 2009, 02:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tropicaledit

Hey all, In the confiquration panel of my VM, I've selected PayPal.  There is some code that I think it the right place to put the recommended code from PayPal.

Please see pic

My question is where do I put the PayPal code, at the very end ?  Do I replace only certain lines of the original code in VM.  I think I'm close but at this point I dont know what to put and where.

Can someone give me any advice on this, I'd appreciate any responses.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

further

Right now you have it set to test mode. In order for your store to go live you need to switch it from test mode and then it should work if you have provided the correct email for your PayPal account. You should not need to edit the code in any way for it to work.

With that said .... You may want to test your set up in PayPal Sandbox first which you can find out more about on paypals site. You will need to sign up for an account. Then you would need to edit the code slightly and then set it back after testing.

If you are testing with the PayPal Sandbox then you need to change the default URL to the Sandbox URL in the configuration tab under "Payment Extra Info"? Change it to:  $url = "https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr";

You will need to change this back to the URL of the real PayPal site when you are finished testing. The sandbox account will allow you to set up a fake email and credit card so you can fully test how your site checkout process will function when you go live.

further

This link will also help you. Actually it is a really great step by step for setting up Virtuemart to work with PayPal: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39584.0

tropicaledit

Further, I will try what you have mentioned, thank you very much for your response. !!