Author Topic: FedEx v2.0 - Web Services  (Read 255867 times)

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
Re: FedEx v2.0 - Web Services
« Reply #465 on: August 21, 2012, 22:17:46 pm »
Vicki, be sure that you've selected the correct environment (PROD or DEV).   If you're using the 2009.7.20 version be sure to rename the wsdl.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

Vicki Payne

• Beginner
« Reply #466 on: August 22, 2012, 00:29:59 am »
Hi, Reggie -

I'm using the 2011.8.22 version. I have "Developer" selected in the dropdown, since the keys, numbers & password I was sent are for the Testing environment.

Do you think the odd zip code might be an issue? Or if the client possible generated Production keys, wouldn't that render all the Test info invalid? The client is not sure what he's done and I'm at a loss for why this isn't working... I have an earlier version of your FedExv2 working great on another site.

Thanks again,
Vicki

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #467 on: August 22, 2012, 00:31:27 am »
it's not a zip code issue...it's definitely an authentication issue.  be sure to confirm with the client that all of the credentials are correct.  I believe they can re-register to obtain new ones, if necessary.
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

Vicki Payne

• Beginner
« Reply #468 on: August 22, 2012, 01:01:31 am »
Thank you - I will pass along to the client and have them try to re-register.

I do have a quick (I hope) question about FedEx tracking numbers. As I understand it, the tracking number has to be entered manually into the order in the backend (which can then be emailed to the customer). Have you ever modified this process so that the tracking number gets added automatically? I know that it might be quite complicated, but if you have done it before or can think of how it could be set up, please PM me a quote.

Thanks again,

Vicki

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #469 on: August 22, 2012, 01:55:13 am »
Vicki,
Last time I quoted someone to add in the automatic shipment creation and tracking number solutions, it was quite a big job.  I still want to do it, but it is a matter of finding the time.  I'll most likely add it to fedexv2 for VM2, whenever that gets done.

Sorry for the delay, I'm just really swamped right now!

Vicki Payne

• Beginner
« Reply #470 on: August 22, 2012, 17:28:19 pm »
Hi, Reggie -

Thanks for the response. Shipment & tracking may be something we can add in later then, after we take the project live.

Meanwhile, I have still not being able to get the module to connect to the account. The client re-registered for web services and I plugged in the new password - I also thought to try the default VM FedEx module - and it is failing, too (so the fault is definitely not with your v2 module).

Here are the errors I get with the default module - do they indicate specifically what the problem is?
Error: Invalid FedEx transaction data at `
soapenv:ClientFailure while unmarshalling message: Failed to parse XML text9999Failure while unmarshalling message: Failed to parse XML text'unable to process services_rate

Thanks - sorry to keep bothering!

Vicki

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #471 on: August 22, 2012, 17:33:04 pm »
Vicki,
The default modules uses the old FedExDC method, which is completely incompatible with FedEx Web Services, and as far as I know has been disabled.  It was deprecated soon after the Web Services API was brought to life.

Did you try using the Production credentials?

The client re-registered for web services and I plugged in the new password
Be sure you enter ALL new credentials, not just the password.

Reggie

Vicki Payne

• Beginner
« Reply #472 on: August 22, 2012, 18:32:07 pm »
Hi, again -

The other credentials (Developer Test Key, Test Account Number, and Test Meter Number) were the same as they had been previously. The only thing that had changed was the Password that was emailed to the client.... ???? (This has really got me puzzled.)

To use Production credentials, we will need to click "Obtain Production Key" -- then a new password will be emailed to the client, right? I will try that, since the Test keys just do not seem to be working. (I did see a notice that the FedEx testing server could experience "outages" -- so maybe that's what's happening.)

Vicki

Vicki Payne

• Beginner
« Reply #473 on: August 22, 2012, 18:35:37 pm »
Reggie -

I've hit a glitch - when I tried to move the web services account to Production (I have access to client's FedEx account now) I hit a screen that wanted all of the client contact info entered - so, it seems I will need the client to do this step?

Vicki

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #474 on: August 22, 2012, 19:16:21 pm »
Sounds like it Vicki.

servicefly

• Beginner
« Reply #475 on: August 22, 2012, 23:10:13 pm »
I am assuming you found nothing wrong on the www.A*******K**S****.com website for your Fedex module? I starred out the domain due to privacy. I could really use your help! Thanks in advance Reggie

Vicki Payne

• Beginner
« Reply #476 on: August 30, 2012, 00:31:11 am »
Sounds like it Vicki.

Hi, Reggie - just wanted to let you know I finally got the FedEx acct. connected and your module is working great (after having to regenerate the access key about 3 times - go figure). I'm also using your UPS shipping module on a different site and that's returning rates fine, too.

Both sites using your bundled (FedEx, UPS, USPS) module for VM 1.1.9

Thanks for a great product and wonderful support!

Vicki

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #477 on: August 30, 2012, 00:37:27 am »
Glad to hear it, thanks for reporting!

gpraceman

• Beginner
« Reply #478 on: November 12, 2012, 19:42:05 pm »
I've got the files uploaded and SQL changes made, but I do not see anything in the Shipping Module List for this.  What am I missing?

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #479 on: November 12, 2012, 19:45:47 pm »
I've got the files uploaded and SQL changes made, but I do not see anything in the Shipping Module List for this.  What am I missing?

If the files are uploaded, it should be showing.   Are you sure you put the files in the right place?  Sometimes people accidentally upload to a test website instead of the live site, perhaps that is it?