Author Topic: {SOLVED}Short description populated to Product description  (Read 2155 times)

stillingen

• Beginner
{SOLVED}Short description populated to Product description
« on: July 29, 2009, 23:57:19 pm »
Is it possible to have Short description populated to Product description so that it becomes the "Product Intro" / first lines in the Product description?

stillingen

• Beginner
Re: Short description populated to Product description
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 19:14:18 pm »
None with the same issue, or have I missed the basics?

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 19:27:02 pm »
Be specific, and clear of what you want

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=51502.0
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

faulk511

• Beginner
  • Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 17:28:12 pm »
I just modified mine to hold a different part number using the short description field.  I think I can help you.  Message me exactly what you mean and then I will post the response.

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 19:21:32 pm »
I would recommend they post in the thread rather than private message or email. It will be more useful to the community that way.
Get answers faster:

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

stillingen

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 11:24:40 am »
Thank you for your reply.

For each product in VM, one can define a Short description. This description shows in the product category overview on my site, here;

http://surfa2.php5.sysedata.no/joomla/index.php/nettbutikk?page=shop.browse&category_id=14

E.g the DVD Dimensions reads; "Morten Gjerstad gir oss nok engang nydelige bilder og fet kjøring fra vinterkledde vidder. Igjen settes nye triks og det er forstatt ikke tvil om at Norge har de beste kiterene på snø  Produktdetaljer"

When one click on "Productdetaljer" (Product details), the page redirects to that specific product.

http://surfa2.php5.sysedata.no/joomla/index.php/nettbutikk?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=122&category_id=14

The text displayed on this page is the text written in "Product description" for that specific product in VM. In this case it´s

"This year we pulled out all the stops to bring you Dimensions. An exploration of all sides that snowkiting has to offer in search of the hidden realm. Join a group of the world’s top kiters on an epic adventure as they continue to raise the bar of what’s possible. Shot in High Definition all over the world during the 2008 season, Dimensions will have you reaching for the rewind button again and again. Featuring the high level of cinematography and filmmaking that you’ve come to expect from snowkitefilm.com.”

This is what I would like to accomplish:

Have the Short Description also displayed on the specific product page, in my case:

"Morten Gjerstad gir oss nok engang nydelige bilder og fet kjøring fra vinterkledde vidder. Igjen settes nye triks og det er forstatt ikke tvil om at Norge har de beste kiterene på snø  Produktdetaljer

This year we pulled out all the stops to bring you Dimensions. An exploration of all sides that snowkiting has to offer in search of the hidden realm. Join a group of the world’s top kiters on an epic adventure as they continue to raise the bar of what’s possible. Shot in High Definition all over the world during the 2008 season, Dimensions will have you reaching for the rewind button again and again. Featuring the high level of cinematography and filmmaking that you’ve come to expect from snowkitefilm.com.”

So the same as an Intro text in a Joomla article. The Short description is the text before "Read More" and Product description is everything after "Read more"

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 12:27:06 pm »
Yes, for sure that is possible. Partly depends how much coding experience you have with php.

There is a list of available variables that can be used in the various VM pages in the developer manual. I recommend checking if the short description is available for the product details page/ flypage.

Link to this is on main VM site.
Get answers faster:

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

stillingen

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 14:11:30 pm »
Thank you! Worked like a charm ;)