News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Authorize.net process?

Started by genci, September 24, 2010, 21:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genci

Hey guys,

I need some urgent help on the WHOLE process with authorize.net. What does it do, how do I set it up for my website etc.?

Please give me detailed information, I really need something for credit cards stuff, but I'm clueless.

Thank you.

Manoj

Requires:
1) Working installation of Virtuemart.
2) PHP compiled with CURL extensions
4) Authorize.net account. (or Test account)
5) Authorize.net transaction key (obtained by logging into your Authorize.net account).

Configuration instructions:

1) From the Virtuemart administration panel, click List Payment Methods.
2) Click on the payment type named Credit Card with the code AN.
3) On the Payment Method form, General tab, your settings should be as follows

a. Active?: Checked
b. Payment Method Name: You may customize this field (i.e. MC/Visa/Amex)
c. Code: AN
d. Payment Class Name: ps_authorize
e. Payment Method Type: Check Use Payment Processor
f. Accepted Credit Card Types: MC/Visa/Amex .....
g. Shopper Group: Unless you want only certain levels of shoppers able to use this payment type, select "Default"
h. Discount: To offer a discount to shoppers for using this payment type, enter the discount.
i. List order: When using multiple payment types, this determines the order in which they appear during checkout.

4) On the Payment Method form, Configuration Tab

a. Test mode:? Set to yes when testing site and no when the site is live. Transactions sent in test mode will not be captured for payment.
Very Important:
---------------
aa.Authorize.net Server Hostname (test mode:"test.authorize.net"
OR real time: "secure.authorize.net")
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT USE hostname "https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll" provided by authorize.net test mode . It will never work.

b. Authorize.net Login ID: Enter your Authorize.net ID
c. Authorize.net Transaction Key: See Step 5.
d. Request/Capture Credit Card Code Value (CVV2/CVC2/CID): This is the three digit code that appears after the credit card number on the back of the credit card. Capturing this code may result in a lower credit card rate (FEATURE NOT YET IMPLEMENTED).
e. Recurring Billing?:
f. Authorization Type: You may authorize and capture the payment, or you may simply authorize the payment (the customer's account will be confirmed as valid and with available credit, but the account will not be charged).

5) Enter your Transaction Key

a. Click on the button Show/Change the Transaction Key

b. Enter your Joomla user password in the Please type in your User Password box.

c. Enter your Authorize.net transaction key in the Current Transaction Key box.
d. Enter your Joomla user password in the Please type in your User Password Box.
e. Click the Submit Query button

6. Confirm that your transaction key was accepted

a. Click on the Configuration tab.
b. Click the button Show/Change the Transaction Key
c. A partially masked transaction key should be shown.

7. Save your changes. Setup is complete.

Stonedfury

Dont turn on more than one Authorize.net credit card module. Only one will work at a time; however for other groups it will read the set up of others (disabled) and work with those prices also.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

phu2

would this be considered by authorize.net AIM method and require SSL? Does the method you explained keep the customer on your site or does it take you to authorize.net?