Author Topic: Anyone get VirtueMart working with IIRF?  (Read 1916 times)

TQ_designs

• Beginner
Anyone get VirtueMart working with IIRF?
« on: July 26, 2009, 18:33:17 pm »
I'm in a situation where I have to work with Joomla on an IIS server - in order to get SEF URLs, I'm using IIRF (Ionics Isapi Rewrite Filter). What IIRF does, essentially, is "fool" Joomla into thinking it's an .htaccess file. So with Joomla's default SEF settings on in the Global config, all my SEF URLs work just fine but VirtueMart doesn't - the link to the initial store page (which I've called /e-store.html) is okay, but any subsequent links, such as /e-store.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=1 generate a "page cannot be found" error.

Has anyone been able to get Joomla and VirtueMart SEF URLs working on an IIS server? If so, how? This problem is absolutely maddening and I haven't found a solution anywhere :(

TQ_designs

• Beginner
Re: Anyone get VirtueMart working with IIRF?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 17:50:44 pm »
Okay, here's another bizarre twist to this problem - if I manually create a menu entry in Joomla directly going to shop.cart or a category, it works...but this is unacceptable for the client. The links to shopping cart, products, etc automatically generated by VirtueMart should work without someone manually having to create menu links and aliases for each one.

So here's my new question - how can I COMPLETELY DEACTIVATE SEF for VirtueMart but keep it for the rest of my site? Do I need to hack a Joomla core file or one in VirtueMart? I'm running on a deadline and will take *any* solution at this point :(