News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Expiry date bug, order date bug, BUG-2563

Started by kitchin, July 16, 2009, 01:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitchin

Eric, there's not a bug fix for that, last time I checked.  The fix is for card expiry dates.  But my workaround will probably work for you. Three questions:

1. What time zone do you have Joomla set for? See: Site / Control Panel / Global Configuration / Server.

2. What time zone is your server? Use this to check: "<? print date('r'); ?>".

3. What time zone do you want for your orders?

kitchin

The real fix would be for Virtuemart to store all times in UTC, then mod them on display.  In my humble, etc., etc.

I was working on a fix to undo the problem just before display, but there were a lot of files to change.  And I did not want to mess with how the data is stored.  So I'm using Azores time to get the -1:00 offset I need.

Eric Brown

We want the orders to work within the Pacific Time Zone.
Here is the server time stamp:
Wed, 29 Jul 2009 18:41:50 -0500

This was taken 4:41PM Pacific Time

Thanks!
So long, and thanks for all the fish!

kitchin

Try setting Joomla time to "UTC -2:00 Mid-Atlantic".
Only new orders will be affected, if I recall correctly.

After daylight savings time goes off, you might need to change it by another hour, depending on your server.

Eric Brown

Okay thanks...I will try it.

how can something SO IMPORTANT be so missed and so neglected.

Don't even get me started on non-inventory control for items in the store that are the same that need to be part of a kit...RE: Parent/Child Items et al

Thanks!
Eric
So long, and thanks for all the fish!

efocus

I have not learned how to use SVNs but since they aren't supposed to be used on a live site they wouldn't help me much anyway. I looked at what I thought was the code from a recent SVN but maybe I goofed because I did not find the change Kitchin mentions above where the "1" changed to a "15".

Anyway, that code is not in the ps_main.php file, it is in the ps_checkout.php file. The full path is:
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php (approx. line 334)

So I made the change as Kitchin noted and re-tested my site. It works! I now have the correct credit card expiration dates showing in both the customer's email receipt and the VirtueMart admin.

As for the order dates and/or times being off, I found a fix that works for that at: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=50910.0 If you don't see it right away, search the page for timestamp.zip. Everything you need is in that zip file.

In addition, I was still off by one hour due to Daylight Savings Time. I had to set Joomla to Central Time and will change it back to Mountain Time when DST is over. This fix solved all my order dates and now with this new one from Kitchin, my credit card expirations are correct also.

Thanks Kitchin!

Bruce Morgan

I have read this entire thread ands being a non progrmammer I guess I have a sense of where the errors are arising but don't have a clue what I neded to do to implement a fix.  A zip file would be nice or at least a list of code lines that need to be amended would be nice.  I like posts where the old code with approximate line number is printed followed by the revised code.  It makes a cut and paste solution a little easier.

This back and forth about SVN and nightly builds is of little use for those of us who are not developers.  I simply have a production site and need help with implementing a fix.

I am little surprised that this bug is considered "minor". Writing code to capture and store a critical pices of customer information is not at all helpful if the information is not stored and diplayed correctly.  I would rather see the information purged than to have it displayed incorrectly giving the impression that it could be used at a later date without problems.

Would someone care to give a brief summary of what lines need to be modified to solve this?

Bruce
www.pepper-passion.com