Author Topic: Manually Set Currency Rate or Fix Currency Rate  (Read 14918 times)

gio

• Beginner
Re: Manually Set Currency Rate or Fix Currency Rate
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 16:51:26 pm »
Hi all,
I have the same problem: I want to manually set the currency rates. So I modified the file in cache/daily.xml setting the desired fixed rates.
Everything seems to be ok until 2 P.M. - 3 P.M. when I supposed is executed an upgrade in the Central Bank.
(In site http://www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/exchange/eurofxref/html/index.en.html you can read:
"The reference rates are usually updated by 3 p.m. C.E.T. They are based on a regular daily concertation procedure between central banks across Europe and worldwide, which normally takes place at 2.15 p.m. CET.").
After this time the file is not changed but it seems that the file is no more read because in virtuemart I find the actual current rate and not the desired fixed rates.

I ask to service provided for changing file's owner but the answer was that it is not possible. The owner of the file remains the ftp owner.
So the only thing that I can do is to change the permission to r--r--r-- for the ftp owner.
But in this way it doesn't work (i.e. it works until 2 P.M. - 3 P.M. and not more: if I want that it works again, I need to load again the file cache/daily.xml).
Someone has any idea ?

Thanks in advance