News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

FedEx Rate at the CART differs from actually charged to the site owner

Started by PassionateTeam, April 08, 2011, 13:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PassionateTeam

Greetings!

Our client is using VirtueMart 1.1.4 with "FedEx Shipping module, version 2.2011.01.06., utilizing FedEx "Web Services"

FedEx module is enabled for "FedEx ground". Products are being shipped from California, USA.

Issue:
When someone buy product with shipping address to Canada or Mexico with shipping set to "FedEx ground" the price fetched by the FedEx module and charged to the buyer at the site (webservice) is less than what client is actually paying to FedEx.
FedEx support team has asked to contact VirtueMart for correct code and version.

Except for the price-difference, i guess remaining parts and integration are working fine i.e. code is able to fetch "FedEx shipping Rates".

Please suggest if we should be installing newer versions/ upgrade or any patch to fix this price differences.

lowmips

Hi,
First of all, please post all FedExv2 related issues in the FedExv2 forum, where I get email notices of new posts.

Now, as to your problem, you're probably seeing the difference of the Estimated Duty and taxes (ED&T).  This feature is not something I can include in the main distribution, as requested by FedEx, since the ED&T is enabled per account.  You'll need to request that FedEx enable this feature for your Web Services account, and once that is done send me proof.  I'll then email you the ED&T version of the module.

This is all outlined in my FedExv2 post:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=58818.0

Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

PassionateTeam

Thankyou for your quick reply and help, Reggie, and sorry about not posting the question in FedExv2 forum.
FedEx has enabled Estimated Duty and taxes (ED&T) for our Web Services account, for account information to produce rates for a shipment to Canada with ED&T and also the Clearance Entry fee.

What information would you require to send us ED&T version of the module?
(Also posted in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=58818.0)

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
PassionateTeam

cacklewack

Any updates on this? I'd rather just be able to disable shipping to Canada and create estimates for customers manually. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,
Matt

PassionateTeam

yes after many email exchanges with FedEx, VM and our end-client it worked or you can say accepted by the end client. Amount is never going to exact match therefore we had to keep some input parameter values on higher side to make the Product price > FedEx chart price. This appraoch atleast ensured no loss to the endClient but buyer was paying little extra than actual FedEx cost.

hope this help.
Thanks!

cacklewack

PassionateTeam,

What exactly did you do? And are you aware of a way to disable Canada/Mexico shipping using the FedExV2 shipping module?

Thanks,
Matt

PassionateTeam

Hi Matt,

To remove Canada-Mexico etc i guess custom code would be required. I can get it done for you.

Regarding "What exactly did you do" - ans is set Handling Fee: 5 and International Fee:5, you can try what works for you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
PassionateTeam

PS: we received a special VM package for FedEx from VM, and I assuming you are using the same.

arunpati

Hi,

I am facing same problem of getting less shipping rates than actual rates. I am using packaging 'YOURPACKAGING'  and also sending weight of products. Please advice what is going wrong.