News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

UPS shipping module Error - (Please Help!)

Started by mastergle, July 10, 2009, 18:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastergle

Hi,

My UPS shipping module has suddenly stopped working! It used to be fine and I really don't know where exactly the problem is coming from. It's either my server is not setup right or it's a bug regarding UPS online.

Here is the error I get:

Error: Possible server error! - Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? (10)

Error: Internal Error processing the Request to UPS.com

Any hints?

lowmips

Looks like a server issue.  Contact your host.

-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

sirvonfloyd

Hello everybody.
I have exactly the same problem and im still building my site in localhost using wamp i got my ups access key and i cant this make it work.
any help please!!

thank you

lowmips

Hi,
If you're having the exact same issue, did you not contact your hosting provider?

Reggie
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

sirvonfloyd

Reggie.

my website is not live yet im building it in localhost with wamp, but I dont know if it works in localhost.
Any suggestion??

lowmips

Hi,
Make sure your local build of PHP includes the SSL socket transport layer.  That's the crux of the issue. You'll most likely have to rebuild your binary.

-Reggie

sirvonfloyd

Reggie.

Thanks for the fast respond, but im newby in joomla and virtuemart, im using a rocket template and have already integrated a SSL I believe.
How I should include the SSL socket transport layer??

in my viertuemart in -> configuration -> security tab
I have:
Security Settings

Site URL: my URL
SECUREURL: same URl
Shop areas which must use https: I have chosen checkout and shipping   
Generally prevent https connections?: checked

Encryption Function AES_ENCRyPT (strong encrustation)
Encryption Key: ad2ef40c3736bc23d0ce37521c57ca0 (this key came with the template)
Store Credit Card Information?: unchecked.

Any idea if I'm in the right track??
Thanks in advance.

lowmips

It's a feature of your PHP build.  It's not something you can just turn on in Joomla or VirtueMart.  It may be a loadable PHP module, but I'm not really sure about that.  As far as I know, you have to rebuild PHP with the SSL transport layer support.  Look at your PHP info output in Joomla to see what your system supports.  I'm pretty sure that the SSL Socket transport layer will be missing...

Reggie

sirvonfloyd

Reggie.

I looked in my PHP information in joomla and i found this:

OpenSSL support    disabled (install ext/openssl)

if that the issue how I could enable that option.

Thanks
Carlos

lowmips

Again, it may be a loadable module, or you'll have to recompile your PHP binary with SSL support enabled. I can only give you an overview on what you need to do, not specific steps to do it.

sirvonfloyd

An overview would be nice, at least i have something to start with!!!!
Thank you!

lowmips