Author Topic: ccNewsletter integration with VM..? anyone help please  (Read 8105 times)

jingtian

• Beginner
ccNewsletter integration with VM..? anyone help please
« on: February 05, 2009, 07:00:56 am »

.. it automatically register to ccNewsletter during the registration. But if i go back to account maintenance i can see its not registered.

and even if i  unregister the newsletter from account maintenance.. i find out i'm not unregistered from component->ccnewsletter->subscriber management.

Reteip

• Beginner
Re: ccNewsletter integration with VM..? anyone help please
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 09:37:45 am »
Even when you press Sychronisation in CCNewsletter you're not (un)subscribed? If you press SU Synchronisation everybody will be reset to subscribed, so pressing only the Synchronisation button in CCnewsletter will do the trick.

David-Andrew

• Chill Creations
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 09:16:56 am »
Part of your question is a bug. Please download 1.0.4 beta and check if it is fixed, otherwise post it on our newly opened forums:
http://support.chillcreations.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=8&func=view&catid=3&id=3&lang=en#3
iDEAL for Virtuemart 3
http://www.chillcreations.com/joomla-extensions/ccideal-platform-ideal-for-joomla

Also supports Rabo OmniKassa and other payment providers, and older Virtuemart versions!

Stefanos

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 06:18:23 am »
Hi, I have a similar problem with this, I have setup everything correctly and I am trying to make it work but it doesn't work. I make a demo user and register him to virtuemart but the user doesn't get subscribed to the ccnewsletter.

I tested this all the ways.

1. using the virtuemart registration and checking the box: user not subscribed
2. adding a product to cart and registering later by checking the box: user not subscribed
3. going to account maintenance and messing with the box 2,3 times: user not subscribed
4. subscribing to newesletter manualy from the module: user subscribed
5. unsubscribing from newsletter manualy from the module: user unsubscribed

I also noticed something else, although I deleted the user from joomla users and newsletter subscribers, when I pressed SU Syncronization the used got subscribed. Any info about that too ?

Oh anoter question, would be great if there is a way to get the user subscribed to newsletter by default when registering to virtuemart !! is there a way to have this done ?

peace

Stefanos

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 07:12:55 am »
Hi again,

I deleted the field in Virtuemart and created it again and now it works.
But there is still a problem with unsubscribe/subscribe from the Account Maintenance page.

Only question is if there is a way to subscribe new customer by default ?

peace

yientau

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 16:40:44 pm »
hi eorisis,

I am having the same issue as yours, but deleting the field and re-create doesn't help. Can you check again, what is the field name you have entered in VirtueMart for ccnewsletter? are you using vm_ccnewsletter or vm_ccNewsletter ?

Looking forward for your reply!

Hi again,

I deleted the field in Virtuemart and created it again and now it works.
But there is still a problem with unsubscribe/subscribe from the Account Maintenance page.

Only question is if there is a way to subscribe new customer by default ?

peace

Stefanos

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 17:40:29 pm »
hi yientau,

in the Field name: if you type ccnewsletter and go to another field you will notice it turns it automatically to vm_ccnewsletter and this looks like controled by virtuemart.

What I noticed about it in order to work is to create the field once the way you want it to behave on site, and not touch it again. to my site, if I go and touch it's settings then it doesn't work. and as I mentioned it cannot change by going in account maintenance although the checkbox does change from check to unchecked after save.

all that on GoDaddy and not on a local linux. My setup is perfect so far. it just looks buggy and very sensitive :) but works, so I personally hided the checkbox from account maintenance.