Author Topic: Will not allow registration  (Read 2803 times)

webservant

• Beginner
Will not allow registration
« on: June 25, 2009, 05:48:45 am »
I have installed Virtuemart and it seems to be working well generally so I started testing it. I tried to register as a new user but when I save it gives an error message that I have to have a valid user name..

Well I checked and looked at the form and what I could not understand was that there was nowhere to enter a USER NAME on the form. After a bit of investigation, I quickly saw that several of the fields were missing (including USER NAME), so it simply was not possible to do a valid registration.

Now the above is the reason that I logged on to register this in the forum. However as I wrote this, I think I found the answer.

I had been using Internet Explorer 7; so I change to FireFox and surprise - (well maybe not) the registration is there with all the fields and it appears I can register..

I am now going to investigate some more...but I think we need Virtumart 1.1.4 real soon!!

Kind Regards

Berlin

• Beginner
Re: Will not allow registration
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 15:12:06 pm »
Same in Google Chrome. Hope for a quick result. I did try all solution (silent registratiion, etc.) all same results. User id not found in database.

warfie

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 10:36:04 am »
same problem... seems like the most popular web browser in use today (though FU#$ knows why) is not supported... I'm losing sales because people can't register using Internet Exploder...

PLEEEEEEASE?!?!? does anyone know how to fix this?

skippy31

• Beginner
    • The Web Design Guy
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 16:55:07 pm »
I've run into this same issue.  I've had a number of customers complain they can't register using IE7.  Same issue missing fields.

Still searching for a work around...

Mat.

skippy31

• Beginner
    • The Web Design Guy
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 17:08:47 pm »

Marius

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 23:14:43 pm »
Solution does'nt work for me:

When a new customer makes an order in my shop he has to register when he wants to check out. That all works fine but when I publish the vm_extrafield in the backend it appears on the frontend and I can enter information on the registration page but when all fields are filled en I click on send I get the message Sorry but you aren't a registrated customer please registrated before you continue shopping. (I translated from dutch).
in the backend I see that the user is created but only as registrated and not as a shopper... Anyone knows what that's all about? I use joomla 1.5.12 and vm 1.1.3 stable.

twodell

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 23:51:00 pm »
Mine is broke as well with Joomla 1.5.9, and Virtuemart 1.1.3. Users cannot register from ANY web browser.

The solution did not fix mine either.