Author Topic: mod_productscroller and IE8 trouble (Not scrolling all products) - Help!  (Read 5634 times)

lucato

Hi folks, I'm getting an issue with the mod_productscroller which for some reason it crashes/stops from scrolling when viewed in IE8 and it not happens when viewed in FF3. I have 2 scollers at the home page, one horizontal and other vertical as you can check here at BemDoado. I've deactivated one and the issue remained.

In Microsoft Internet Explopere 8 when the 1st product comes from the bottom and hits the top, it starts over the scroll instead of showing all products in the sroll while in Mozilla Firefox 3 it works normal by scrolling all products.

I've found a "solution" in the forum here, but unfortunatelly it didn't work for me. Here is the supposed solution:
"In the scroller parameters if you set the "Scroll Behavior" to "Scroll" it works fine in Internet Explorer. But if you set it to the other two options ("Slide" or "Alternate") then the scroller stops in IE."

Well, as I said, it didn't work, both scrollers are set as "Scroll" and are not working in IE. Also I have deactivated one scroller and didn't work too.

Does anybody got to fix it or any tip about it? Thanks in advance.

MikeDivine

• Beginner
I opened your page in IE8 and everything seems to be working fine. It works the same as when I open it FF3. I am sorry I cannot get the same problem to occur in my browser. Maybe your settings are changed. Maybe you could try resetting them back to default? Just a thought. OK well I can't fix a problem I can't see.

Thank you,
Mike Divine

lucato

Hey Mike, yup, by using your hacked code it works fine in both browsers (FF3 and IE8), but by using the original code (mod_productscroller_1.1.3.j15), it doesn't work and gets the issue I've mentioned in the post above regarding the IE8.

I have attached the original file, just in case you want to try them out to see if you get the error with them.

Cheers,
Lucato.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

RMIGHTY1

• Beginner
Re: mod_productscroller and IE8 trouble (Not scrolling all products) - Help!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 07:06:53 am »
OK guys, I now have the same problem. Started after I upgraded from vm 1.1.3 to 1.1.4._J15  Where is this hack code referred to? Perhaps it can help me too. Thanks guys.

~~Ray     :)

lucato

Re: mod_productscroller and IE8 trouble (Not scrolling all products) - Help!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 09:43:45 am »
Hey Ray, If I'm not wrong, I can't remember very well, but I think it is related to this hack.

Cheers.