News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Link to Account Maintenance page when using "No Account Creation"

Started by davidm, July 02, 2008, 14:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidm

I am using the nightly build from 28 June with Joomla 1.5.3 and I have virtuemart set to "No Account Creation".

When a PayPal payment has been completed successfully and the user returns to the site, they have an opportunity to view the order they have just made.  On the order page (account.order_details) a link to the Account Maintenance page is shown at the top.  When the site is in "No Account Creation", the account maintenance pages have no purpose and only confuse the user.  I think it would be good to only show the pathway at the top of the page when the account is set to something other than "No Account Creation".

davidm

Can you think of any benefit in having a link to the account maintenance page when vm is configured for no accounts? I'm not sure what will happen if the user completes the form on the account maintenance page and tries to create an account with a username and password. At best it will confuse the user and at worst it may add rows to the user table that could cause problems elsewhere.

mikefromdenmark

Did anyone ever find the answer to this question??? I'm having the same problem now.

Joomla 1.5.5, and VM 1.1.4.

Forrest

Just remove the link! Check account. template files in:
components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/pages/