News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

USPS Product height

Started by ncaipen, June 01, 2009, 18:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncaipen

I am a relatively new Virtuemart user and have installed uspsv5.1 for the first time for a client's site.  Everything was set up and installed and I am not receiving any errors, but I have noticed during testing that inappropriate shipping options are displayed for the products selected.  For example, if I try to purchase a product that is 14" x 12" x 12", as long as I have Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope selected as an available shipping method in the Shipping Module Configuration it will show up as a shipping choice for the customer.  Obviously a product with those dimensions can't be shipped in envelope form.  I turned on Debug mode and it appears as though everything is being passed correctly to USPS, although product dimensions are not included (only weight).  Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? 

Here is the site:
www.windwardcoffee.com/index.php

Thanks.

lowmips

Hi,
You are correct. The USPSv5.1 module does not pass L/W/H variables to USPS web services.  It only passed weight/zipcodes, and processes all services sent back.  I think if the L/W/H were sent then USPS would not return envelopes and the like.  If I get a chance tomorrow I'll test that theory.  If you'd like for me to add this functionality to my USPS module, please contact me about my rate.  I have implemented this in my UPSv2 module already.

-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

juanschwartz

Reggie,

I am currently in dire need of this as well. When we ship stickers, it's charging priority flat rate of $4.95 USD when it should be in an envelope. What's the policy on adding stuff to your existing code? Is that okay?

lowmips

It's GPL code, do what you like with it as long as it adheres to that license. =)

Happy Coding!
-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)