News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Paypal Landing page

Started by tartangeek, May 14, 2009, 02:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tartangeek

OK Have trawled through the forum and can find no answers for this but I need to know how to get the website land on paypal 2.gif page instead of paypal1.gif page. I have a large number of people leaving the payment page at this point as it is NOT easy to read.

Cheers

[attachment cleanup by admin]

drhcanada

I too would like to know how to make sure the person lands on the page asking for their personal details instead of just the login with a small continue button for those without an account.

jaychamp

As far as I know it's due to Paypal's cookies and isn't fixable.  Clear your cookies and it should skip that initial page.

It's enough to make me go to another company

Yereverluvinunclebert

Paypal say that if you clear the cookies then you will directed to the standard page (whatever that now means) but I am pretty sure that is NOT the case.
If I remember rightly, up until failry recently it used to give you a two-form screen where you logged in on the right and entered your details if a new user on the left. The new screen is as described in previous post, just a tiny link to 'continue' if you are not already registered with Paypal. All our customers who visit this page exit immediately, no sales.

I have cleared my cookies, accessed the page from a different machine, it's the same. You get the tiny 'continue' link, nothing else.

My recommendation - get a paypal payments pro account or get your payments done with someone else.

A good thread here at the Paypal developer community

http://paypaldeveloper.com/pdn/board/message?board.id=basicpayments&thread.id=12276

Yereverluvinunclebert - Maker of some steampunk widgets of distinction

jaychamp

Strange, because after I cleared my cookies I got the desired screen.  Must be something else like you said if it's not working for you.

Yereverluvinunclebert

I can't be clearing my cookies properly...I just went to my client's site and viewed the paypal site and it displays exactly as it should and how it used to. Card registering details on the left, paypal login on the right, I was wrong. (retreats in sack cloth and ashes...)
Yereverluvinunclebert - Maker of some steampunk widgets of distinction

plee_pp

HI, tartangeek

I also got the same problem, but I found out from following link,(When buyers visit a merchant website for the first time or if they disabled cookies in their browsers, they may see the following alternative log-in page), fyi

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/ebook/PP_WebsitePaymentsStandard_IntegrationGuide/payments_overview.html