Author Topic: which php file inserts user field and values into database?  (Read 1874 times)

4n0n

• Beginner
hi, i need to locate the php file, which inserts user field values from registration form into database. and also need to find the file with html structure of the registration form.thanks a lot

lucato

Re: which php file inserts user field and values into database?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 08:54:21 am »
Hey there,

You can manage your form fields from VM backend. Goto VirtueMart/Admin/Manage User Fields. Over there you can edit the fields, create a new ones, order them, inform in each form you want to show them, and others. Besides that you can use the delimiter to separate fields in groups. Just create the ===Fieldset delimiter=== field, that won't be realy a field, but it will be really just a divider/delimiter. So, every field that is ordered below it in the Manage User Fields, will get into the "Group" until find the next delimiter field. Really cool.

Regarding the HTML, generaly, it is in PHP file that later will render/generate a HTML page, so normaly look at the address bar in your browser when you're on te form and see for example shop.registration, it will be the shop.registration.php file. So, edit it. Sometimes into this PHP, it calls another PHP files that shows at the same page, so you need to keep your eyes on it.

I hope that helps a little.

4n0n

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 09:22:17 am »
thank for answer, i need it therefore, because i want to make readonly one of the user field - the value of this field is filled automatically from url variable (this url variable is from incoming hyperlink). i also need to set this field, to users will see the value, but cannot to edit. this must be in the regform. in backend is possible to set readonly field, but not in the reg form. or is possible to hide this field. try this link :http://asonorganic.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.registration&Itemid=30&middle_name=7804170: url variable is middle_name

lucato

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 09:31:54 am »
Hey there, unfortunatelly I can't help you beyond that, I'm newbie with Joomla, PHP and so on. So, it's better you wait a new feedback from an user with better knowledge about it and keep searching on the forums. I'm sorry about that.