Author Topic: Setting up VirtueMart 1.1.3 in Joomla 1.5 for Australian stores (Now for 1.1.9)  (Read 52971 times)

hotelathome

Re: Setting up VirtueMart 1.1.3 in Joomla 1.5 for Australian stores
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2009, 02:02:22 am »
With the box ticked, have you tried logging on as a customer and looking at the orders?
If I have this box ticked, when the customer logs in and looks at their orders, the figures are messed up and are exactly like those sent to paypal. Especially when using a discount.

hotelathome

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2009, 04:18:17 am »
this post might help someone with tax and discounts?
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=32327.0

i would love to know if there are other australian users, using paypal and how they managed to get their price to include GST.

bwendo

• Beginner
    • Hunter Valley Hampers
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2010, 11:14:17 am »
Wow so very helpful and informative.  Loving this forum.  Bravo Australian Connexions!
Gourmet Hampers Australia
www.huntervalleyhampers.com.au

webuser

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2010, 03:17:09 am »
Do these hacks work for 1.1.4?
http://www.webcircle.com.au - Gold Coast Web Design
http://awebsitedesigner.com.au - Website Design

mailnorm

• Beginner
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2010, 09:02:47 am »
Thanks Very much for the help.
I have a problem, but I'm not sure whether this hack is the culprit or virtuemart?
After a customer has placed an order, if I go into the order details and edit the order by adding another product, the GST will not show on the new product I add.

e.g. a customer buys a $6.60 inc. GST product. They call me and ask me to add a $5.50 inc. GST product to their order, the total displays as $11.60 including only $0.60 GST (it should be $12.10 including $1.10 GST)

This is very frustrating, as I run an unusual store where I need to edit customer orders often.

hotelathome

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 01:27:48 am »
mailnorm, this is a known issue with virtuemart.  There is a bug known as #2502.  I applied the fixes for this bug, but now I cannot find where those fixes are.  You may need to do a search, if I find it, I will post it here.

OK Found it. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=56983.0
Look at JUNE 20 Post by MAURI.

Now, I have added all the GST Hacks for setting up Australia's stores and ran into a problem SEE OCTOBER 4 post on the same forum.  I think it has to do with how the GST hack was set up, I got a tax mode 13 error on all my pages, so I only used three of the files mentioned, and it mostly worked for me. I have problems if I change the discount amount though now.  I can change the products and it updates the totals, but if I increase the discounts, it reduces the price but it still shows the tax being paid unchanged.  So If I have a $100 order and change their discount in the back end to a $90 discount, it shows $10 owing (including $20 gst) ok the amounts arent technically correct but you get the idea.

hotelathome

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 02:58:54 am »
For those of you having problems with discounts and paypal, you might want to try these to fixes. These fixed the problems I was having with figures in the back-end and the customers order view not matching up due to taxes and discount coupons.

The paypal extra info is brilliant. Not only did it fix the discount coupon/tax problem I was having, customers can now see the Invoice number and a breakdown of the goods purchased and what amount in total is GST. Try these files and see how you go.
You will need to upload the order.order_printdetails to your site via ftp. You will need to cut and paste the paypal extra info from the word document into your paypal configuration.
A HUGE thankyou and credit goes to the FANTASIC Micah at www.exps.ca who worked so hard on getting this right for me. Vist his site.  He has some fantastic help for Virtuemart users.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

webuser

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2010, 02:01:31 am »
Sorry I've already asked this question but I couldn't see any replies so asking again - do these hacks work for VM 1.1.4?
http://www.webcircle.com.au - Gold Coast Web Design
http://awebsitedesigner.com.au - Website Design

Jucks

• Beginner
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2010, 09:02:33 am »
This may help someone out.. I applied this fix to a VM v1.1.4 + J1.5 and it worked without any issues apart from, I wanted to not charge GST when shipping outside of oz.
By modifying line: 2295 of /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_product.php

return ps_checkout::country_in_aust_gst_zone ($auth['country']);

To:

return false;

It will use GST based on shipping address in the checkout instead of defaulting to the "based on vendor" mode instead.

this is what you need to do, if you dont charge GST to people outside Au.

GQuick

• Beginner
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2010, 14:28:21 pm »
Hi, anyone having problems with this and Joomla 1.5/VM 1.1.4?

My only issue is that it printing the string "vendor_abn" on the Tax Invoice / Purchase Order instead of the actual ABN number of the vendor.

I've been through the manual implementation instructions multiple times and I cannot see where I have gone wrong.

Orginally it printed nothing at all where I would expect the ABN so I added $vendor_abn to the global variables listed there.  This resulted in it simply printing the words vendor_abn.

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

joely

• Beginner
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2010, 09:09:20 am »
Hi guys.

This post has been extremely helpful for me and I have followed all the steps in the original post to make my online store compliant with ABN numbers and GST.

I seem to have a slight problem though. When I add a new product I enter the net price as $20 and it calculates that the gross is $22. I assumed that this would show up as a $22 product on my site, but it shows as a $20 product which is not what I want.

I also noticed that when I add this product to the shopping cart and proceed to the cart the product shows its price at $20 also and total gst just says $0.

Can anyone help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps,
Joel

Template Designer

• Beginner
    • Virtuemart Templates
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2010, 09:36:03 am »
For Joomla 1.5, VM 1.1.4 is most compatible with it.
VirtueMart Templates gear up your sales...

joely

• Beginner
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2010, 01:56:07 am »
Hi guys could someone please help me with my above post?
I can't seem to get the GST tax to work properly.

Thank you

lrawling

• Beginner
    • Spoonful of Love Website Design
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2010, 04:48:32 am »
I've used for J1.5, VM1.1.4 and the only thing I noticed you need to update manually is the language file for Titles - this was updated for VM1.1.4 so needs to be applied to the english.php language file supplied for this update.

Go to admin/components/com_virtuemart/languages/common/englishphp and add the following lines at line 355 (after title for Mrs.)
'PHPSHOP_REGISTRATION_FORM_MISS' => 'Miss.',
'PHPSHOP_REGISTRATION_FORM_MS' => 'Ms.',

Hope this helps!

lrawling

• Beginner
    • Spoonful of Love Website Design
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2010, 14:45:03 pm »
Well I feel like a bit of a dill - after saying all worked well I see the GST is not actually displayed (see attached image for how it is displaying). I have searched the forums and read through this topic thoroughly but can't see what I am doing wrong. These are my settings:
J.1.1.17
VM 1.1.4
Under Configuration -
Show Prices :   Enabled        
Membergroup to show prices: Enabled (public Front-End)  
Show "(including XX% tax)" when applicable? : Enabled      
Show the price label for packaging : Disabled

Under Tax Configuration:
Virtual Tax: Disabled
Tax Mode: Australian GST mode
Enable multiple tax rates: disabled
Subtract Payment discount before: disabled

Under Shopper:
default:
Show Prices including tax?: enabled

In the product:
applied GST ID (10%)

I'm totally stumped. Any and all help appreciated!

[attachment cleanup by admin]