Author Topic: Setting up VirtueMart 1.1.3 in Joomla 1.5 for Australian stores (Now for 1.1.9)  (Read 50822 times)

napalm

• Beginner
Re: Setting up VirtueMart 1.1.3 in Joomla 1.5 for Australian stores
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 06:52:47 am »
Hi Guys,
Really hoping someone can help me out here.
I've followed the steps from the first post and everything works fine until i hit the checkout.

Step 2 asks for me to select a shipping method and all that is diplayed at the bottom is:

Please select a Shipping Method!
Australia Post shipping calculator failed, reason:
*blank*

I have reinstalled virtuemart at least a dozen times trying new things.
Can anyone shed some light on how i can fix this.

Some installs i haven't applied the 'Australian conversion' and the process works fine.

I have also installed a fresh copy of joomla, then added the store and configured it for Australia stores and i'm getting the same problem.

I have made a post about this here : http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=58869.0 ,
however thought i might reach more experienced users by replying to this thread.

Thanks in advance

napalm

• Beginner
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2009, 02:39:39 am »
Hi All,
It appears the issue was with my host.
I shouldve known when i have to chmod all files to 777 just to get it to work.
I tried a demo store out on a new hosting account...no problems.
So for anyone experiencing issues like i had, try another hosting account if you can.

madamsplash

• Beginner
  • I have been a beginner since 2000
    • Splash Internet Marketing Australia
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 11:47:18 am »
Hello - thanks for the hack - really appreciated -

I am having a few issues with new user fields being taken up in the Language File and the online Tax Invoice / Purchase Order not taking up the client/shipping details - can you guide me to the code - I've commented them out for now.

Emails are fine

Cheers
http://splash.net.au - Beginners since 1994 - everybody in Virtuemart is a Beginner - unless they sign up as an expert - hey you gonna do that?

hotelathome

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2009, 17:30:11 pm »
I am still having AUD pricing problems. When a customer logs in to the website and goes to account maintenance>order information they see AUD instead of a $ sign.  What can I do to fix that.  I have changed the (order_currency) in all the posted files previously mentioned here

I am also using the standard shipping module as well as the australia post module, but there is no drop down box for tax when configuring this module so the tax is not being included in the "includes gst" line.  Is there a work around for this that wont effect the aussie post module***FOUND A FIX FOR THIS****
Go to store/configuration/global/tax change the tax to based on vendors address.  You can then go and edit shipping rates and the tax drop down will appear time, choose 10% but you will need to alter all the prices to prices before GST is applied. Save it then go back to store/configuration/global/tax change and change back to Australian GST.

Mike Graham

• Beginner
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 03:05:03 am »
HulaQueen,

I loved the printdetails" work you did. Did you by chance adapt the address format to the email confirmation for the PO that's sent out when the orders placed?

I've been trying to find the code to where that happens with little luck.

any insight would be appreciated.

Mike

HulaQueen

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2009, 13:43:07 pm »
Mike I'm not sure what you mean... can you explain more what you'd like to see? I've signed up for notifications to the topic now, so I should see when you reply. I did quite a few iterations of the file, so might have a more updated one that does what you want.....

martinb1

• Beginner
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 21:55:54 pm »
Thanks for everyone's work putting this thread together. I'm coming close to the end of a VM install (1.1.3) and these topics are still on my to-do list. Had I known I would have done them upfront.

Given VM 1.1.4 is now out any ideas how how that may change the game ?

Cheers

Aushops

• Beginner
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 02:54:50 am »
Hi HulaQueen
I am using your GST fix for Australia Stores but I want to update Virtuemart to Version 1.1.4
Will you be providing a fix for the new version?
Thanks for your great work
Cheers
Tony

hotelathome

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2009, 12:45:00 pm »
Hulagirl,
I have had to make changes to my order.order_printdetails. so that the discount code shows up on the order forms.
I am trying to work out what changes you made to this file so that I just add in your changes but there seems to be quite a bit different with your file and mine.
I dont want to make the wrong changes.
is there anyway you could let me know, just the changes you made, so that I can just add these into my version
Thanks

normdouglas

• Beginner
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2009, 07:44:55 am »
I have a very odd problem associated with all this, and I'm convinced it has something to do with GST, but I'm completely stumped!

After finding this post I have implemented the patch and am very happy. I was hoping it would fix my other issue, but it hasn't... but I'm not blaming the patch.

here's the issue:
When I apply a coupon code to the store the amount that VM is sending to PayPal is about 1.1% less than it should be.  In other words the final amount shown on the VM invoice is more than the customer gets asked to pay on PayPal.
Any ideas?

Partic

• KPS
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2009, 00:42:02 am »
Norm's problem has turned out to be a bug in the paypal plugin and how the amounts get transferred.

For a test order:
Total: 138.12 Paypal: 136.59 Variation: $1.53

This was the total once a coupon discount was applied:
Discount: $16.88  1/11th (discount's GST portion)= 1.53

So Norm's then been spending a vast number of hours trying to find where the glitch is, and it looks like it's only happening in VM 1.1.4.

More on it soon.

hotelathome

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2009, 01:15:08 am »
I am using VM 1.1.3 and it is happening to me too. It's not just a VM 1.1.4 problem.

Partic

• KPS
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2009, 01:28:39 am »
Norm I believe is working on a fix for the bug, so no doubt he'll post here when he sorts it out.

We know it's in the math that's sent to paypal, but haven't quite fingered which formula to change.

hotelathome

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2009, 01:35:27 am »
Thank-you thank-you.
You might want to look here.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=63853.0

Ric Raftis

• Beginner
    • Bushsong Web Design - Bendigo & Beyond
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2009, 01:56:10 am »
Norm and I tested this last night with one of my sites on 1.1.3. The cart was a bit messy, but the end calcs were correct and the right amount passed to PayPal.

I have the box ticked in the admin config to Subtract discount amount before tax and shipping.

Cheers,