Author Topic: Setting up VirtueMart 1.1.3 in Joomla 1.5 for Australian stores (Now for 1.1.9)  (Read 55326 times)

Ric Raftis

• Beginner
    • Bushsong Web Design - Bendigo & Beyond
Re: Setting up VirtueMart 1.1.3 in Joomla 1.5 for Australian stores
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 05:39:48 am »
Just to throw in my 2 cents worth here. Everything done so far that I have tested is great and adequate.  The site I am working on has to calculate GST based on the Shipping Address, as some products are purchased by overseas clients and of course GST only applies to goods supplied within Australia.

The other issue of course is that not all Australian businesses are subject to GST if there turnover is below the threshold.  Consequently I would imagine that the option is irrelevant unless the GST rates are turned on in the options.

Cheers and many thanks for the thread and the contribution to the community.

Ric

Das123

• Beginner
    • Design Solutions - Creative Consultancy & Studio
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 08:00:37 am »
Look forward to seeing what is changed in the invoice, HulaQueen. :)

Using the hack, if a product isn't set for GST, GST shouldn't be added - but the generic description will still say 'incl. GST'

On the invoice the Subtotal, shipping and GST totals should work correctly. An easy test is to make sure the nett and gross prices when you enter the product price stay the same. If they differ then GST is most likely in play.

HulaQueen

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 15:02:02 pm »
I am having GST added in the cart to all products even when they are set for no GST in the product settings.

I'll look into it and post my findings later. I'm determined to get the GST all working today!! This is so exciting!

HulaQueen

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 22:37:59 pm »
I figured out the problem with everything having GST. For some reason I had VIRTUAL TAX checked in the admin configuration. This setting is supposed to handle tax for 0 weight products. However when turned on it seems to add tax to all products even if they have a weight entered! Strange! So no related to this patch at all.

I am finalizing the invoice template now and will post the changes as soon as I am done.

HulaQueen

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 01:02:22 am »
AUShops,

In the files for those pages (I am working on /public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/order.order_printdetails.php

I changed items that looked like this:
echo $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($total, '', $db->f('order_currency'));

to
echo $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($total);

And they work. It seems that there's a bug with the code VM had there... and I don't think it's related to this hack. I had the AUD problem for currency in the printed invoice even though I have temporarily backed out the changes described in this thread.

napalm

• Beginner
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 05:49:08 am »
Hi All,

Just wondering, point 9 on the instructions reads :
Configure the AusPost module. Make sure the tax rate is the 10% rate you just made.

I've tried doing this, yet i get the error:
../administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/auspost.cfg.php :: Unwriteable

Thing is, I've tried searching for this file 'auspost.cfg.php' and i can't find it. Not even in the package i downloaded at the start of this post.

Any ideas where i can get this file ?

Thanks!
Great post by the way, Das123!

Ric Raftis

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 11:48:23 am »
@napalm

The auspost.cfg.php file is located in the following path....

public_html/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Ric

HulaQueen

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 01:02:00 am »
Here's the new invoice I have been working on. It replaces the one you print from admin when ready to send the order. Do a merge with the lines needed in the common/english.php (instead of replacing) as I don't currently have this threads GST change applied to my site (I thought it was the cause of a problem I was having but it was not).

I'm sorry the file is not that well commented, and old code is often still there but commented out. There may be some variables that are still there but no longer needed... it was a HUGE overhaul.

But now it looks as an invoice should and satisfies all the Australian ATO requirements.

Hope you like it!! If you make any improvements please share.

Cheers

[attachment cleanup by admin]

HulaQueen

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 03:42:23 am »
One thing the invoice above is still lacking is a 3 digit state code... has anyone figured out how to make that work? Would love to know.

mmcs

• Beginner
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2009, 07:39:57 am »
Hi guys,

Some excellent discussions. Here's a link to the article on the ATO website that discusses electronic trade:
http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/content.asp?doc=/content/18428.htm&pc=001/003/049/002/001&mnu=&mfp=&st=&cy=1

Chapter 1 describes the issue of exports. Bascially in order to remove GST for export sales, teh customer must tick a box against wording such as:

"I declare that I am not in Australia at this time and I will not be making use of this supply in Australia."

Has anyone implemented this? I'm thinking when the user registers and selects a country other than Austrlia a tick box appears with these words..

thoughts?

jaddi01

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 15:45:13 pm »
Hello guys / Gals!

I've tried to do a little research on GST and still have a question.  Am I correct in thinging that GST is basically calculated as:

Item 1 price (ex Tax)+ Item 2 Price (ex. Tax) + Shipping THEN Calculate Tax on subtotal?

For example:

£33.09 (ex Tax)
£11.06 (ex Tax)
£4.95 (Shipping)

£49.10 Sub Total

£54.01 Grand Total inc. £4.91 Tax ?

Or is it more like Virtuemarts standard format of:

Item 1 (ex Tax)
Item 2 (Ex Tax)
Shipping (Ex Tax)

Then the funny bit.  Virtuemart calculates Tax per product line like so:

£33.09 (add 10%...  £3.31)
£11.06 (add 10%...  £1.11)
£4.95  (add 10%...  £0.50) = £4.92 NOT £4.91!!!

£49.10 Sub Total
£54.02 Grand Total

And this method gives an "error".  Well, not really, but not the ideal way to calculate Tax.  Imagine I have to quote a customer over the phone. I'd have to calculate Tax on each product line and then delivery seperately and add them together.

So, I rambled a bit, but back to the original question, will this hack/mod calculate a Tax Total on a running Sub Total inc. delivery ?

Many thanks

John.

Jackbush

• Beginner
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 18:22:17 pm »
VirtueMart 1.1.3 is the latest stable version available. It is compatible with Joomla!™ 1.0.x, Joomla! 1.5.x, Mambo 4.5.x and Mambo 4.6.x

grambram

• Beginner
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 07:26:04 am »
Great work...thanks so much for this, I was about to give up.

Ric Raftis

• Beginner
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 08:36:49 am »
G'day all,

Seeing this topic is active and about payment systems I thought I would ask here if anyone knows of a Commweb paypment processing system for VM as there is nothing on this forum anywhere.

Cheers,

Ric

shandy

• Beginner
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 15:29:53 pm »
I've been working with this update and I'm very impressed with it, great work. I can't seem to work out how to set things up to only display the GST for Australian customers. I've done several tests creating users with overseas addresses but even logged with them and checking out I see GST included. Have I missed something really obvious