News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Fedex move to Chained Secure Socket (SSL)

Started by george.ohler, March 30, 2009, 17:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

george.ohler

QuoteDear Valued FedEx Customer:

Please ensure that your appropriate team members (e.g., Application Server Administrators) are aware of the following FedEx planned update:

Chained Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Test Certificate Update

In order to maintain customer confidence in our Web connections, FedEx is renewing our SSL certificate with VeriSign, a trusted certificate holding authority.  FedEx moved to a chained SSL certificate type for our test environment on Mar. 19, 2009, and will move for our production environment on Aug. 1, 2009.  This transition is due to the FedEx certificate holding authority transitioning from non-chained to chained Web server SSL certificates.

Customers using custom interfacing applications will need to verify that their systems support chained certificates.  For web servers that do not support chained certificates, administrators should contact their server software provider for technical assistance.  If you are unsure whether your application works with chained certificates, it is recommended that you test your application in the FedEx test environment.  Applications should be redirected to gatewaybeta.fedex.com for testing. 

Customers needing a local copy of the FedEx test certificate installed on their system can download the updated certificate here or by typing the link http://fedex.com/us/developer/downloads/dev_cert.zip into your browser.  A separate certificate will need to be installed for production.  We will notify you when the production certificate is available for download.  FedEx supplied API clients (e.g., ATOM) are not affected by these changes.

If you have any questions or need technical assistance, please contact the FedEx Help Desk at 1.877.339.2774 or send an e-mail to websupport@fedex.com.

Thank you for choosing FedEx.

The FedEx Web Integration Solutions Team

Anyone test the current Fedex module with this yet?  Anyone working on updates to the shipping module to ensure it works when August 1, 2009 rolls around?

george.ohler

Our customers decided to move to UPS as their shipping provider and we're going to use the UPS 2.0 module (http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=47142.0) developed by lowmips, instead of creating a new module for Fedex or waiting in  hopes that someone modifies/creates a new compatible Fedex module.

efocus

I tested this with my VM 1.0.13a version and it worked fine. From reading FedEx's notice, it appears that this issue is more related to the setup of the web server Joomla is installed on than with VirtueMart or its shipping module. So I attribute my success to my hosting company keeping my server up to date with the latest developments. I'll keep my fingers crossed until August 1.