News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[FIXED] VM 1.1 and J 1.5.3 Contact page conflict

Started by deeptii, June 09, 2008, 10:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deeptii

If you use the Joomla 1.5.3 contact page while showing the VM product categories on a menu, going to the contact page sprouts the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in /home/xxx/public_html/modules/mod_virtuemart/vm_transmenu/Shop_Menu.php on line 44

Using Joomla! 1.5.3 eCommerce Edition, JA Purity

Any way to quickly fix this before the next patch at all?

deeptii

After adding: $db = new ps_DB(); to vm_transmenu.php in modules after global $my, $db; this is fixed.

Viames

Thanks, this fix the module.

I wonder why it's still not been added to current SVN.

Viames

These are the settings related to mod_virtuemart. Before this fix, using the SVN downloaded 1 week ago, i had the error reported above on some menu items (eg. menu-link to com_contacts).
Unpublishing the mod_virtuemart, the fatal error disappears.

At the moment i've used the suggested fix, and hope you will included it in the future version. :)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Shoushan

I have issue with transmenu. In FF it goes to category main page instead of to actual products. In IE7 I don't have this issue. Can you maybe help me with this??

chrism

FYI
I have had the same issue all the Joomla user menu (log out, registration etc) stuff fails with
Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in C:\wamp\www\modules\mod_virtuemart\vm_transmenu\Shop_Menu.php on line 44
when mod_virtuemart is published. Publishing and Unpublishing recreates and cures the issue
vm 1.13 Joomla 1.5.8 running on wamp
Chris
www.getupandgrow.com online store and more....

aravot

Could you please write your menu configurations, or give my access to your site so I could have a look because I can't duplicate this, must happen on specific setting.

You can PM me the web info